French Open Final: Who wins?

• Total voters

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I think Garbine shocks her and takes the title in three sets.

Serena looks like she's carrying a load on her shoulders... maybe it's the thing about reaching Steffi Graf's record.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
I think Garbine shocks her and takes the title in three sets.

Serena looks like she's carrying a load on her shoulders... maybe it's the thing about reaching Steffi Graf's record.

It's actually abductor problems. The same one she had in the match against Putinseva. They said it took her three hours to get to press

Reactions: britbox

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena in 3 sets or 2 tight sets,( okay I am a fence sitter:),to tie with Graf 22 Grand Slam titles.I have a question mark with Garbine in her inability during this tournament when serving for a match losing focus,cannot afford to do that against Serena.

Tennis Fan

Major Winner
Reactions
Serena in 3 sets or 2 tight sets,( okay I am a fence sitter:),to tie with Graf 22 Grand Slam titles.I have a question mark with Garbine in her inability during this tournament when serving for a match losing focus,cannot afford to do that against Serena.

That lack of focus was probably due to the overwhelming realization that she was going to play for RG title. I don't think she will make that mistake against Serena. I hope that Serena wins, but I would be happy for Garbine too. I want Serena to get over the hurdle of tying Steffi. It won't be long until we know the result.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Expert Picks - French Open Final

ESPN:

Johnette Howard: Serena in three sets, with an epic tiebreaker thrown in.

Greg Garber: Like most of our experts, I picked Serena to win. After watching Muguruza demolish her half of the draw, I'm going to change it up and say Muguruza in three -- sans epic tiebreaker.

Peter Bodo: The conditions really work against Serena, who hasn't shown the consistency it would take to beat the hard-charging Spanish player on this very slow clay. Muguruza wins.

UBITENNIS:

Steve Flink: Serena in three sets, but a fight to the finish.

Ubaldo Scanagatta: Calling on Muguruza.

TENNIS.COM

Steve Tignor: My prediction? Tension. It's tempting to pick the momentum-riding Muguruza to win her first Slam, but I'm not going to bet against Serena winning her 22nd.

WTA TENNIS:

Courtney Nguyen: Serena will be the underdog but with a 21-5 record in Slam finals, Serena has the resources she can count on to get to the finish line.

Daniel Kane: Muguruza has soared, Serena has struggled. The Spaniard has made no secret that the French Open is a tournament she grew up dreaming of winning, and at 22 years old, she just may be ready to make that dream come true.

Billie

Nole fan
Reactions
At the start of the tournament I picked Serena to win, but now I really don't know. It's even odds to me. Unless Muguruza succumbs to her nerves, but she already made a major final before, so I am hoping for a good match.

Reactions: Tennis Fan

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
At the start of the tournament I picked Serena to win, but now I really don't know. It's even odds to me. Unless Muguruza succumbs to her nerves, but she already made a major final before, so I am hoping for a good match.

Likewise I had Serena and also have her in the tennis bracket challenge, but with those niggling injuries and the weight of expectation, together with the semi final matches by both players, I'm feeling that Garbine is ready to pounce and take the title.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Garbiñe looks a lot more consistent and confident than these last two years, she is learning to calm her nerves which is help her a lot to play better
Vamos!!!!!!

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Yeah, that's a worry - she went off the boil against Sam when the match seemed in the bag. Recovered, but...

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Agreed, Garbi is not serving well and that could be a good advantage for Serena but she returns pretty good, if her serve improves a little more more Serena is going to have a hard work ::sw1::

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
allez Garbine win that please chiquita

Bert

Masters Champion
Reactions
Website
www.effibet.weebly.com
If Muguruza manages to control her stress and nerves I think that she is the one who has the best chance to win today. She has played a great tennis since the start of a tournament losing only one set in the first round and Williams didn't look so fit yesterday. I have read that she has an injury, don't know how true it is but she didn't look 100% yesterday.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If Muguruza manages to control her stress and nerves I think that she is the one who has the best chance to win today. She has played a great tennis since the start of a tournament losing only one set in the first round and Williams didn't look so fit yesterday. I have read that she has an injury, don't know how true it is but she didn't look 100% yesterday.

Looking forward to this one.. have you laid on any bets @Bert?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Congrats Garbiñe!!!!!! :yahoo: :drums::pompoms:!
I heven't seen the match, I will do later