2016 French Open SF: Wawrinka vs. Murray

Who wins?

• Total voters

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kudos to Murray, up two sets on Stank. Wawrinka is playing like a pussycat out there and Fang is dictating the points. Sad.

rafanoy1992

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I gotta say, this clay court tennis from Murray is his best version to this date. Grass is still his best surface but the way he is attacking and defending the ball is magnificent right now. I just wish he plays this type of tennis on all surfaces not on just Clay.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Well with this loss by the defending champion, he drops a rung in the rankings and at least temporarily elevates Rafa to #4! Not like it will do him any good if he keeps withdrawing from events, but as usual, it's still the same "Big 4!" ;-/

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Today not only Andy won, he did not whine as much as he normally does. That is a bad omen for Novak.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Today not only Andy won, he did not whine as much as he normally does. That is a bad omen for Novak.

We'll see if he can keep that up! Nole hits a much "heavier" ball which will push Andy back and make it difficult to keep up that sense of calm IMO! If Nole doesn't do it this year, he may never take this title! I'm sure it's nail-biting time for most around here who really want him to complete this circle and stop all the naysayers trying to undermine his career! :nono :angel: :dodgy:

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
GameSetAndMath said:

We'll see if he can keep that up! Nole hits a much "heavier" ball which will push Andy back and make it difficult to keep up that sense of calm IMO! If Nole doesn't do it this year, he may never take this title! I'm sure it's nail-biting time for most around here who really want him to complete this circle and stop all the naysayers trying to undermine his career! :nono :angel: :dodgy:

I disagree. Even if Nole does not win it this year, he will have plenty of chances in future. Nole will be a contender for the next few years.