2016 Australian Open: Melbourne Sidewalk Cafe Talks

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
14661 said:
Clay Death wrote:
Rafa again felt tired and worn out at practice this morning.
I can’t find any reference to this on the web. Can you give a link to where you read it?

Go do your own homework.

the man can barely go 40 minutes in practice without doubling over the net. It is all over the Facebook for one thing.

he is not very fit. You are going to have to live with that.

did you not see what happened in Doha? It worse than pathetic. Djokovic gave him those 3 games.

like I said before, it will take a massive miracle.

he really has zero chance here with the fitness he is bringing.

he has no chance anywhere else either. he has to start working a lot harder and it has to be clay.
More later. I am going get some sleep.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I had already done my own googling when I asked.  Now I have checked "the Facebook," at your suggestion, and again, nothing.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
14651 said:
^ Rafa always has to complain about something. He was doing it well before this decline so I’d take it all with a grain of salt.
What you should take with a grain of salt is the supposed complaint itself, however much you're easily inclined to believe it.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Is there anyone who literally makes shit up on the spot like Samson? I agree Nadal's fitness has been suspect (as far as fatigue goes) for the past year, but do you really think he'll admit to being tired after a 40 minute practice session? Please, show us the source or shut up.

EdbergsGhost

Masters Champion
Reactions
14700 said:
I had already done my own googling when I asked. Now I have checked “the Facebook,” at your suggestion, and again, nothing.

Nor did I find anything in my searches (from this year anyway).   CD, it would be nice to read it for ourselves if you can find it.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Nadal had thee days ago a little problem with his bad foot (since he borned and that's why he needs to wear a special insole in his shoe and that's why he later had problems in his knee) but now he is ok , very motivated, focus and practicing very well

And talking about 2015, he had a 'mental injury' which is worse than a physical injury and nothing with his fitness. When your head doesn't work well neither your body

But if we talk about 'suspect' I think it's more suspected the ones who month by month, match by match, year by year are 'perfectly fitness and mentally',  isn't?

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I meant 'three days ago'

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Just seeing a stat on Tv: Tsonga has the best W-L record at slams for players who never won one. One of those telling stats that you can't be too happy about, even tho it's shows you're a good player.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
maybe it is time for moxie and broken shoe lace to wake up and smell the coffee.

he is pathetic because he simply refuses to put in the hard yards required on the practice courts and on the fitness front.

the man could barely hit for 20 minutes in practice without suffering.

no way an all time great could have fallen this low and this hard and this fast if he had at least maintained his practice and fitness programs.

he knew the youth would be gone at some time. he had to work harder than ever which is what djokovic is doing.

rafa chose not to work hard. he chose to just talk about working hard.

this is not a new low. he is not #5. he is playing top 100 tennis and even that is stretching it.

that is why at the end of the year he will be sitting on just rio and hamburg titles.

ferru is 100 year old and works like a damn dog on his fitness and he logs in time on the practice courts.

even he is going to do better than rafa at slams and masters events. at least he will win a few matches.

rafa does not care to win. we all have to live with that.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My hope is Muzz or surprisly Raonic winning this tournament, it would be a good relief for me , I will cheering for both all the way . And reading comments of Clay Death I hope his fav will far to win anything , what a $&@%

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
he stays in the sport because the money and the spotlight. he is hugely popular around the globe.

he made $41 million last year and may take in around $50 million year.

sponsors keep lining up at his door and the endorsements keep coming in. 14 majors that include the 9 RG crowns will do that for you.

he will net around $1 billion in lifetime from his 9 RG crowns alone. so the money is going to keep coming in long after he has retired.

he is not even a shell of what he used to be. he is something worse and it all related to his refusal to work hard. he simply farts around with his practice sessions and he puts in some token work on the fitness front.

no way he can win anything at this rate. moxie and broken shoe will again have to be satisfied with rio and hamburg at the end of the year.

he had no business going to india to fart around with those stupid exos with the slam in view. he also knew what he had to work on:

he had to work on his return

he had to work on his serve

he had to work on his strokes

and he had to put in some extra time on the fitness front.

he blew all that off. and you the result of that today.

I will not ever watch him play again unless he fixes his fitness. I just want to remember him as the game's greatest gladiator he once was.

now he is just a joke out there with his limited game and his drastically reduced fitness. I cant even bear to watch the highlights.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
14809 said:
he stays in the sport because the money and the spotlight. he is hugely popular around the globe. he made $41 million last year and may take in around $50 million year. sponsors keep lining up at his door and the endorsements keep coming in. 14 majors that include the 9 RG crowns will do that for you. he will net around $1 billion in lifetime from his 9 RG crowns alone. so the money is going to keep coming in long after he has retired. he is not even a shell of what he used to be. he is something worse and it all related to his refusal to work hard. he simply farts around with his practice sessions and he puts in some token work on the fitness front. no way he can win anything at this rate. moxie and broken shoe will again have to be satisfied with rio and hamburg at the end of the year. he had no business going to india to fart around with those stupid exos with the slam in view. he also knew what he had to work on: he had to work on his return he had to work on his serve he had to work on his strokes and he had to put in some extra time on the fitness front. he blew all that off. and you the result of that today. I will not ever watch him play again unless he fixes his fitness. I just want to remember him as the game’s greatest gladiator he once was. now he is just a joke out there with his limited game and his drastically reduced fitness. I cant even bear to watch the highlights.

Wait, reading again your negative comments......I'm confused now, .are you really a Rafa fan? wow, you remind me to someone else but I agree with you, Rafa is far to be Rafa and I starting to think if one day he comeback or not

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
nothing i say is ever negative.

it is just simple reality on the ground. tennis is in my blood.

i can call it years before it happens.

there is nobody on this planet running around with a bigger broken heart about what Rafa has done to himself than me.

he had to chance to stare down history and he walked away.

with Rafa it was quite easy to call the trends. he was doing very little with his fitness and his continuous improvement in his game.

he also could not stay close to his roots. he took clay for granted. it had always saved him.

ultimately it would cost him his ground game. i knew that it would happen as early as in 2008.

he is not even a shell of what he used to be. he is now something worse. unable to win anything because of a horrible ground game and even more horrible fitness.

he simply doesn't care to win anymore. there is nothing we can do about this. tony has nothing to do with this.

the decline is too steep. no way to climb this mountain unless he works very hard on his fitness for about 9 months.

he has 2017 and then it ends. he has 2017 to make something happen on clay.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Roger lost no less than 5 finals to Djokovic in 2015.

can he strike back here and take this slam?

i think he can. He dares to stare down history even at his advanced age. He dares to keep dreaming big.

the gods will favor him for he dares to dream and dares to fight.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
14880 said:
Roger lost no less than 5 finals to Djokovic in 2015. can he strike back here and take this slam? i think he can. He dares to stare down history even at his advanced age. He dares to keep dreaming big. the gods will favor him for he dares to dream and dares to fight.

He can't even beat Djokovic on fast hards, it's not going to happen. Murray and Stan are bigger threats.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
14882 said:
Clay Death wrote:
Roger lost no less than 5 finals to Djokovic in 2015. can he strike back here and take this slam? i think he can. He dares to stare down history even at his advanced age. He dares to keep dreaming big. the gods will favor him for he dares to dream and dares to fight.
He can’t even beat Djokovic on fast hards, it’s not going to happen. Murray and Stan are bigger threats.

it is a very tall order to be sure. it would take one hell of a match by somebody to derail djokovic from his mission.

stan is 31 and andy does not have a forehand. they would have to play out of their minds and djokovic would have to be off a little bit.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
14884 said:
Denis wrote:
<blockquote>
Clay Death wrote:
He can’t even beat Djokovic on fast hards, it’s not going to happen. Murray and Stan are bigger threats.</blockquote>
it is a very tall order to be sure. it would take one hell of a match by somebody to derail djokovic from his mission. stan is 31 and andy does not have a forehand. they would have to play out of their minds and djokovic would have to be off a little bit.
you don't hear me complaining. I do think Stan and especially Murray are a bigger threat than you make it appear. I've seen too many close matches between them especially here to think that it could never go the other way.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Verdasco has virtually no one in his quarter except Monfils. I'm also curious about Raonic and tomic this tournament.

ClayDeath

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
verdasco is an absolute nobody in this sport. his claim to fame will be that he beat rafa 3 out of his last 4 times. and that he (verdasco) helped Spain win davis cup so that will be lingering out there in tennis history.

I am not even keeping up with these losses mounting for Rafa. I guess I am sick of the losses even though I refuse to watch rafa play.

I have even stopped looking at the highlights. it just breaks my heart over and over again.

at any rate I like Milos but he doesn't have the optimal movement and the consistency to challenge the best in our sport.

he is getting better with the mental aspect of his game.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Yeah yeah we get it. I was moving on to the second round and the prospects for the remaining 64 in the first week.