2016 Australian Open Final: S. Williams vs. Kerber

Who wins this one?

• Total voters

freedomsmom

Reactions
Ironically. when Graff and Seles consistently hit the ball harder than Hingis no one said Graff or Seles are no Hingis "when it comes to tennis smarts in stratetic stuff." Serena Williams is the most accomplished active player today.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
freedomsmom said:
Ironically. when Graff and Seles consistently hit the ball harder than Hingis no one said Graff or Seles are no Hingis "when it comes to tennis smarts in stratetic stuff." Serena Williams is the most accomplished active player today.

Graf and Seles were barely watchable IMO; totally mindless aggression going on! The only time I collected any of their matches was if they lost; esp. if blown off the court! A baseliner that didn't bother me much was Sabatini gorgeous girl and game! Hingis better than all of them tactically, but remained a little girl with little upper body strength like the Amazons of the WTA! ;-) :p

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:
There's a reason why the Klitscho brothers will never be compared to Ali or Joe Louis. The fighters they beat were tripe. Serena is great but she's not blessed in who she faces, for us to compare her with Navratilova or Evert...

She hasn't had real competition since Henin and Clijster! The few players that have the firepower to blow her off the court are "head cases" who can be spotted 4 match points and they'd find a way to lose it; Sharapova and Azarenka! Then you have SW's bestie in Woz who's also thrown off; has the game, but will never beat Serena on her worst day!

Once Caroline won the toss and wanted to serve. Instead of saying to the referee that she wants to serve, she was asking Serena, is it ok if I choose to serve. :cover

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
GameSetAndMath said:
Fiero425 said:
Kieran said:
There's a reason why the Klitscho brothers will never be compared to Ali or Joe Louis. The fighters they beat were tripe. Serena is great but she's not blessed in who she faces, for us to compare her with Navratilova or Evert...

She hasn't had real competition since Henin and Clijster! The few players that have the firepower to blow her off the court are "head cases" who can be spotted 4 match points and they'd find a way to lose it; Sharapova and Azarenka! Then you have SW's bestie in Woz who's also thrown off; has the game, but will never beat Serena on her worst day!

Once Caroline won the toss and wanted to serve. Instead of saying to the referee that she wants to serve, she was asking Serena, is it ok if I choose to serve. :cover

You can't be besties like that; going back to past eras! Martina and Chris had to actually "hate" one another to get to where they wanted to be! If they had continued to play doubles together, Evert might have lost her edge so she's the one that dumped Martina way back when! Steffi and Gabriella had to separate after a while as well which led to some monumental victories for Sabatini starting in '90! I could go on! :nono :angel: :dodgy: :cover