• Maria in 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maria in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MashaFan

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
*sighs* - It was not meant to be - In the first set Masha at least fought and losing the set 64 was OK - The second set however - disaster - catastrophe!! - At least no bagel though :good:- Oh well she'll probably never win a match vs Serena ever again - the clock is ticking
Anyways - congratulations Serena!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The concerning thing is @MashaFan is that Maria never seems to try and take Serena out of her rhythm.
Commentators here said that she stands in too close on the Serena serve, and doesn't change it. If it ain't working, you have to make a change.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Serena that 2nd set was just joyful to watch,I picked you to win in straight sets.just 2 more matches and you level with my idol Graf with 22 Grand Slam Titles.

Reactions: Moxie

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
Does anyone still call this a rivalry? I'm constantly amazed how Maria is given credit for being mentally strong and a warrior but she folds against Serena. But Roger gets flack for his h2h against Rafa. Puzzling!

Reactions: britbox

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Does anyone still call this a rivalry? I'm constantly amazed how Maria is given credit for being mentally strong and a warrior but she folds against Serena. But Roger gets flack for his h2h against Rafa. Puzzling!

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I love the quote from Chris Cleary one of my fav tennis writers,he said 'this has to be one of the most 'unrivalry's in tennis' Serena v Maria' I concur.Serena wasn't playing near her A game for starters,she had a slow start,could not get her serve going at times in that first set,then we all saw what happened in the 2nd set.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Maria Sharapova to me is too one dimensional in her game,she is a flat hitter of the ball,Serena has more variety in her overall game,she has topspin and also can flatten out her shots,she is a better volley player than Maria,though I personally think Venus is a better volley player than Serena.Serena is a outstanding athlete,watch her feet,she has soo much time on the ball to construct her shots.Serena to me has the best serve in the history of women's tennis.

Reactions: Moxie

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I love the quote from Chris Cleary one of my fav tennis writers,he said 'this has to be one of the most 'unrivalry's in tennis' Serena v Maria' I concur.Serena wasn't playing near her A game for starters,she had a slow start,could not get her serve going at times in that first set,then we all saw what happened in the 2nd set.
I also love Christopher Cleary's writing. You are a woman of good taste. As a small note: I saw that Martina is playing Legends Doubles with Lindsay Davenport today. (Against a rather less-than-legendary pair that I never heard of.) Martina turns 60 later this year, I noticed. Like her or don't, but she's remarkable for keeping herself in shape and still playing. ¡Vamos, Martina and Lindsay!