2016-2017 NBA Playoffs

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
kskate2 said:
I think he could become the next Lebron Darth. He's steadily developing his game and adding things to it. His jumpshot has really come up in the last 2 seasons and he hasn't missed a FT yet in this series. 40/40 I believe. Give him 2 more years. When Lebron is calling it quits, Kawhi could definitely fill his shoes.

I don't know if Kwahi can dominate the game like Lebron but he can put up some numbers that compares like Kobe numbers comparison to MJ..Yes close but no where as good as the original

Well nobody will be as good as the original. Just like LJ is not as good as MJ. But Leonard could be as exciting to watch as Lebron. He has alot of the skill, but he's a quiet player who isn't flashy and doesn't like a lot of limelight.

Leonard is going to end up being a Scotty Pippen 2.0 talent wise, except he will be the top dog on his team of course. He Plays differently than LBJ who plays differently than MJ. Kobe and DWade to a degree are the great players who could remind you of Jordan at times with the things they did but not even close to as great overall.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:
I don't know if Kwahi can dominate the game like Lebron but he can put up some numbers that compares like Kobe numbers comparison to MJ..Yes close but no where as good as the original

Well nobody will be as good as the original. Just like LJ is not as good as MJ. But Leonard could be as exciting to watch as Lebron. He has alot of the skill, but he's a quiet player who isn't flashy and doesn't like a lot of limelight.

Leonard is going to end up being a Scotty Pippen 2.0 talent wise, except he will be the top dog on his team of course. He Plays differently than LBJ who plays differently than MJ. Kobe and DWade to a degree are the great players who could remind you of Jordan at times with the things they did but not even close to as great overall.

KL is more of an offensive threat than Scottie..Defense he is close to Scottie but still as we say, not as good as the original.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
kskate2 said:
the AntiPusher said:

Kobe was a pure carbon copy of MJ games but again not as good as the original.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I am watching the Bulls game.. I am happy to see IT smiling again because he had an horrific past week dealing with death in the family. My Lord, I have seen him make about 10 layups and 8-10 shots inside the paint. He is like a kid alone in the candy store without Rondo their to annoy him...Good grief, I could stopped him and I am old.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
I am watching the Bulls game.. I am happy to see IT smiling again because he had an horrific past week dealing with death in the family. My Lord, I have seen him make about 10 layups and 8-10 shots inside the paint. He is like a kid alone in the candy store without Rondo their to annoy him...Good grief, I could stopped him and I am old.

Yesterday wasn't Fred fault ..he tried Everything
Finally, someone (Fred Holberg) , Isaiah is handling the ball illegally .. he palms the ball or those of us who plays street ball, "carries or carrying ".. it's usually called at non NBA level but very hard for the NBA refs to call consistently..I don't know how Fred is gonna win this one or even another game..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
With an in-form Rondo the Bulls were a serious threat to get to the ECF. Without him they are a weak team that probably shouldn't be in the playoffs. Big drop off from him to a scrub like MCW. It's a shame that Boston got this gift, I'm hoping the Wiz take care of them in the next round.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Bucks picking up right where they left off. Time for Giannis to put his big boy pants on, he has sucked this series. And the team is playing like a bunch of pussies, weak defense as usual.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Another soft pro team in Wisconsin. Must be the water around here. I'd have benched Middleton's pathetic ass after the first quarter.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I expect the scrubs will go down without a whimper on Thursday. They don't win unless they play decent defense and their defense has been garbage the last two games. I guess there's always next year (been saying that for awhile for the Bucks and GB Packers). Got to hope they bring in a legit scorer because Parker is probably done and Middleton is not a decent scoring threat. Aside from that hopefully they can cut some of the dead weight on this team.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
With an in-form Rondo the Bulls were a serious threat to get to the ECF. Without him they are a weak team that probably shouldn't be in the playoffs. Big drop off from him to a scrub like MCW. It's a shame that Boston got this gift, I'm hoping the Wiz take care of them in the next round.

You were correct again , da Bulls got duped with that trade..who gives up a former first round draft choice like snell, he once dropped 50 last year for a soon to be journeyman like MCW...there isn't a dumber organization than the Bulls..there were numerous point guards they've picked up just in case Rondo falters or gets injured..what's up with the dancing machine from OKC..Westbrook former dance partner..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Russ and company eliminated in 5 games. He had something like 47 points. This is like the Rose Bulls 2.0. No one on this team can get their own shot. He cannot get any help from them and is forced to throw up a multitude of ill-advised bricks.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
Russ and company eliminated in 5 games. He had something like 47 points. This is like the Rose Bulls 2.0. No one on this team can get their own shot. He cannot get any help from them and is forced to throw up a multitude of ill-advised bricks.

Rush was tired. He doesn't have any help. Rush took a break in the 4th , they was up by 5. Less than 3 minutes later OKC was down by 5 points.
Robertson was 2-22 from the free throw line. I don't understand why these guys don't shoot free throws underhand like Rick Barry did. Yeah it's doesn't look cool but it's better than missing the whole basket or worst causing your team a chance to get a win. It's very similar to serving the tennis ball underhand when your nerves or legs won't allow you to serve the conventional way over your shoulder.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
By the way, Jazz steal game 5 in LA and head home where they can wrap this series up. Maybe losing Blake is a bigger deal than we thought.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Rondo had a very late practice session where he was using his injured right(wrist and the fractured thumb). At this point it's really about how much pain tolerance he can managed. I am quite sure all of you have played basketball at some level with some type nagging injuries. I have played with fractured fingers ,(recently just a few years ago because one of my childhood buddies plays the game like a brainless Bull. But it was the thumb which is needed to control the direction of the ball. If Rondo decides to play he may struggle but can be a factor.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
kskate2 said:
By the way, Jazz steal game 5 in LA and head home where they can wrap this series up. Maybe losing Blake is a bigger deal than we thought.

A course they are missing Blake.

I think where the clippers made their big mistake was by resigning D Jordan. He is a very one dimensional player ..very similar to Dwight Howard. The game isnt like the days of when Shaq was the dominant big man. A team can win with some stretch forwards covering the low post and some outside shooters like Rockets and the Bullets are currently constructed. Jamal Crawford the former Bull has lost a few steps. He always has been a streaky shooter but a matador on defense. Same with JJ Reddick.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Rondo had a very late practice session where he was using his injured right(wrist and the fractured thumb). At this point it's really about how much pain tolerance he can managed. I am quite sure all of you have played basketball at some level with some type nagging injuries. I have played with fractured fingers ,(recently just a few years ago because one of my childhood buddies plays the game like a brainless Bull. But it was the thumb which is needed to control the direction of the ball. If Rondo decides to play he may struggle but can be a factor.

As for Isaiah Thomas, we all know someone has to knock him on his azz..it should be some goon off the bench not a starter or someone that's in the first 8-9 off the bench because Isaiah can't be allowed to keep skipping to the rim, it's ridiculous.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Losing Blake hurt the Clips of course but they still should've been good enough to take the Jazz. They may have lost with Blake in there anyways for all we know. I agree that the Jordan contract ended up not being that good of a thing for LA which is ironic due to all the drama it caused with Dallas, Cuban, etc.

Hopefully Rondo plays, gives them a chance to turn this around. Feels weird rooting for a Chicago team but they have D-Wade and like I said I'm sick of Boston sports.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
DarthFed said:
Losing Blake hurt the Clips of course but they still should've been good enough to take the Jazz. They may have lost with Blake in there anyways for all we know. I agree that the Jordan contract ended up not being that good of a thing for LA which is ironic due to all the drama it caused with Dallas, Cuban, etc.

Hopefully Rondo plays, gives them a chance to turn this around. Feels weird rooting for a Chicago team but they have D-Wade and like I said I'm sick of Boston sports.

Nah..the latest updates is Rondo will not play..

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
Not tonight but it sounds like he could be back for game 6

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DarthFed Other Sports 15
the AntiPusher Other Sports 8
britbox Other Sports 224
britbox Other Sports 228
britbox Other Sports 76