Make your picks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
herios said:
I am fine with Novak losing one set. Who the heck is interested to keep that stat going? What is important to win.

What's nice is with that stupid stat by the wayside, Novak is opening up and hitting his shots again.

Winning that 6 master, THAT record would be very cool. He would be the first one to accomplish it.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Did not watch the match, in week end we get tape delayed here. Did Stan get tired in the third? He should have asked for a coffee break after the second set.
:snicker

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
nehmeth said:
herios said:
I am fine with Novak losing one set. Who the heck is interested to keep that stat going? What is important to win.

What's nice is with that stupid stat by the wayside, Novak is opening up and hitting his shots again.

Winning that 6 master, THAT record would be very cool. He would be the first one to accomplish it.

That would be very nice.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
Did not watch the match, in week end we get tape delayed here. Did Stan get tired in the third? He should have asked for a coffee break after the second set.

Honestly herios, when he lost the second set, it's as though a weight came off Nole's shoulders and he just began hitting the ball like he had been earlier in the year. It was incredible.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Utter destruction by the best.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqmYsEl3E3s[/video]

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
nehmeth said:
herios said:

Honestly herios, when he lost the second set, it's as though a weight came off Nole's shoulders and he just began hitting the ball like he had been earlier in the year. It was incredible.

Thank you. Nice to hear.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What happened to Wawrinka after to win the second set and later to lose that way? is he was completely out of gas or asleep after to play so late the night before and a very tied and fought match? he should order another coffe, it seems works good :D

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Carol35 said:
What happened to Wawrinka after to win the second set and later to lose that way? is he was completely out of gas after to play so late the night before and a very tied and fought match? :nono

Stan was tired from last night's adventure, but in the third set Novak took it to another level and the Swiss didn't have the answer.

You can read about it here:

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/djokovic-wawrinka-battle-in-paris-2015-semifinals

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I've read that after Stan got the second set Novak became crazy smashing his racket ( nothing new) and then he started moving his arms like a windmill meanwhile Stan looked like walking dead :nono :cover

lacatch

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
As usual, Carol35 is rejoicing about some inaccurate statements about her beloved Rafa's arch nemesis, probably from the MALLORCA TRIBUNE lol. Having WATCHED the actual match, I can report: 1)Djokovic took the 1st set and was up 2-0 in the second; 2)Due to a combination of wanting to change up his strategy and being a little gassed, Stan redlined his game, broke Djokovic several times and took the 2nd set; 3)At the end of the 2nd set, while walking off to his chair, Djokovic hit his sneaker bottom TWICE with the racquet (cracking it); 4)In the 3rd set, Djokovic was in Superhero mode, bageling Stan.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lacatch said:
As usual, Carol35 is rejoicing about some inaccurate statements about her beloved Rafa's arch nemesis, probably from the MALLORCA TRIBUNE lol. Having WATCHED the actual match, I can report: 1)Djokovic took the 1st set and was up 2-0 in the second; 2)Due to a combination of wanting to change up his strategy and being a little gassed, Stan redlined his game, broke Djokovic several times and took the 2nd set; 3)At the end of the 2nd set, while walking off to his chair, Djokovic hit his sneaker bottom TWICE with the racquet (cracking it); 4)In the 3rd set, Djokovic was in Superhero mode, bageling Stan.

Exactly. I saw the whole match too, even watched the recording to see the third set again. It happened just as you wrote it. :)

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
pavlik89 said:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqmYsEl3E3s[/video]

Thanks so much Pavlik, you are the best!!
Rafa was playing well but he can do better than that and he will!

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lacatch said:

Don't try to go so far like you always do, I've just said what I heard and read
Nemesis? what nemesis are you talking about? relax....

lacatch

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Carol35 said:
lacatch said:

I don't know what you mean going going "so far"--please explain. You are taking pleasure in what amounts to an inaccurate portrayal of the match---so why not say: "thanks for letting me know what really happened", and leave it at that. By nemesis, I am referring to Djokovic, Rafa's nemesis.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
lacatch said:
Carol35 said:
lacatch said:

I don't know what you mean going going "so far"--please explain. You are taking pleasure in what amounts to an inaccurate portrayal of the match---so why not say: "thanks for letting me know what really happened", and leave it at that. By nemesis, I am referring to Djokovic, Rafa's nemesis.

Some of us are more reliable than others! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy: :p :ras:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lacatch said:
Carol35 said:
lacatch said:

I mean that you always are attacking
And now you should explain why Djokovic is Rafa's nemesis, I don't get it :huh:

lacatch

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Carol35--There is no attacking involved. You were happily spreading misinformation about Novak in the match today with Stan, and I reported what actually happened since I watched the match. You have yet to acknowledge that the reality is different from what you described--and then just moved on. Instead you are attacking me personally for pointing out a factual correction.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
lacatch said:
Carol35--There is no attacking involved. I bite my tongue MANY times at your outrageous statements. To name two from this past week: 1)You basically said that you didn't understand why people always thought that Federer had good form--that there are many other players with better form than his. That would certain qualify as a "minority opinion"--a VERY small minority. 2)On another thread, you basically made Djokovic out to be a pretty good player who happens to be at the right place at the right time--nothing more and nothing less. AGAIN, a minority opinion to say the least. Finally, I don't know what else to say about Djokovic being Rafa's greatest nemesis--he just is :)

And don't you think that I usually bite my tongue reading your comments? yes, I do
And you also should reread my comments before to talk.....you know what
I said that there are others players playing as elegant as Roger or more and I also said that some people likes exaggerate a little bit about it (I'm not the only one thinking that way, if you like it or not, anyway who cares) and not about 'good form'.
And AGAIN, explain why you say that Djokovic is Rafa's greatest nemesis because I DON'T GET IT
And you are the first one to attack me and talking about Rafa and just because I said that Stan was a 'walking dead' after to finish playing the night before at 4:am. That's what I read from fair and good
sources and from people who have watched the match (and not just Novak's fans) get it? so again....relax

lacatch

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
Carol35 said:
lacatch said:
Carol35--There is no attacking involved. I bite my tongue MANY times at your outrageous statements. To name two from this past week: 1)You basically said that you didn't understand why people always thought that Federer had good form--that there are many other players with better form than his. That would certain qualify as a "minority opinion"--a VERY small minority. 2)On another thread, you basically made Djokovic out to be a pretty good player who happens to be at the right place at the right time--nothing more and nothing less. AGAIN, a minority opinion to say the least. Finally, I don't know what else to say about Djokovic being Rafa's greatest nemesis--he just is :)

And don't you think that I usually bite my tongue reading your comments? yes, I do
And you also should reread my comments before to talk.....you know what
I said that there are others players playing as elegant as Roger or more and I also said that some people likes exaggerate a little bit about it (I'm not the only one thinking that way, if you like it or not, anyway who cares) and not about 'good form'.
And AGAIN, explain why you say that Djokovic is Rafa's greatest nemesis because I DON'T GET IT
And you are the first one to attack me and talking about Rafa and just because I said that Stan was a 'walking dead' after to finish playing the night before at 4:am. That's what I read from fair and good
sources and from people who have watched the match (and not just Novak's fans) get it? so again....relax
Carol--Just because you keep repeating yourself, doesn't make what you are saying true. Now you seem to have dropped the Djokovic going crazy part---and if you had seen Stan play--he had energy to take Novak down in the second set. As I also stated, feeling tired from his previous match was assuredly at least a partial motivator in redlining his game. As to your comments about Roger and Novak they speak for themselves. If you don't think Roger is one of the most aesthetically talented tennis players of all time (which 95% of commentators, etc. would agree with), then there is really nothing to talk about.