2015 Paris Masters 1000 Semifinal: Djokovic v. Wawrinka

Make your picks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tented

Administrator
Reactions
I'm feeling the same as GSM & Isabelle, especially given the confidence boost Stan got from defeating Rafa. Novak in three.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I rarely disagree with T, but this time I will: Novak will dispatch him in routine straights. Stan looked fat (tbh) and slow, he didn't play great against Rafa, and he needed a mug of coffee to stay alert. The scheduling screwed him - plainly - so I don't expect more today, but even still, I would go for Nole in straights. As an indoor court, it's playing slow enough to suit him, which I think is unfortunate. Not because it's him, but because it's an indoor court, which should be lightning quick.

It puts me in mind of the pig who thought he was a dog... :popcorn

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Novak will dispatch him in routine straights. Stan looked fat (tbh) It puts me in mind of the pig who thought he was a dog... :popcorn

Stan's porcine qualities were in evidence last night. With the courts playing this slowly, he will have a little more time to take the big cuts at the ball he so likes. That said, the scheduling will affect him.

I'm dreading what a Novak/Andy final could look like. :cover

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Djoker should defeat Stan in straight sets. Nobody is playing lights out tennis during this tournament however the world's #1 has been rock solid when it matters the most. Stan was fortunate to get pass Rafa because neither player displayed their best tennis.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
I'm feeling the same as GSM & Isabelle, especially given the confidence boost Stan got from defeating Rafa. Novak in three.

Your talk and walk do not match. You voted for stan in 3. :snicker

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
Djoker should defeat Stan in straight sets. Nobody is playing lights out tennis during this tournament however the world's #1 has been rock solid when it matters the most. Stan was fortunate to get pass Rafa because neither player displayed their best tennis.

Agreed.

Novak with the break in the 2nd set. He wants to get through this to prepare for McToothy in the final.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I am just now tuning in. Looks we have a match going on here.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Maybe losing that set helped get the monkey off Novak's back; up 3-0. Hopefully he will close this third set quickly.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It is my view that Stanislas takes the third and beats Novak again this year. It is a bold prediction, but it is what I think will transpire.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I made the prediction without realizing I was on tape delay. Novak is up a break again I see.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
nehmeth said:
Maybe losing that set helped get the monkey off Novak's back; up 3-0. Hopefully he will close this third set quickly.

...and maybe STAN will be punished for it with a LOVE set just like at AO earlier this year! :cover :nono :angel: :dodgy:

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am fine with Novak losing one set. Who the heck is interested to keep that stat going? What is important to win.

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
herios said:
I am fine with Novak losing one set. Who the heck is interested to keep that stat going? What is important to win.

What's nice is with that stupid stat by the wayside, Novak is opening up and hitting his shots again.

nom-nom on that bagel you ugly git.