2014 Roland Garros QF: Berdych vs. Gulbis

Who ya like in this one?

• Total voters

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Berd leads the series 4-2

http://www.atpworldtour.com/Players/Head-To-Head.aspx?pId=G858&oId=BA47

Berd has won the last 2 meetings including the SF in Rotterdam this year. Ernie has won their only slam meeting, the first round of Wimby last year that he took in 3 TB's. A compelling match-up.

Who ya like in this one?

b72f5758699ed215550f6a706700b61f_r620x349.JPEG

vs
ernests_gulbis_2926972b.jpg

Ricardo

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: Roland Garros QF: Berdych vs. Gulbis

Gulbis, if the head is there.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Hoping it's Gulbis, but I think it will be Berdy in 5.

R

Rose

I hate to admit it, but I really don't care who wins this :cover

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

Big match for Gulbis to try to follow up his biggest win to date. It's a whole lot of heavy hitting and I will take Ernie in 4. I feel sorry for the tennis balls :)

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions

berdych should win this but gulbis has the potential to win also. tbh i dont care. both are gonna be tough on djokovic if he gets through.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I wonder if Gilbus can back up his win over Federer by defeating Berdych
I would not mind Gilbus defeating Berdych so I dont have to look at that hideous Hawaiian shirt any longer.

Berdych in 5 sets....(dam the shirt)

nehmeth

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I like both these guys...

Berdy's done real well here. Ernie is having his best year yet. I hope one of them wins it in four.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
They've both had enough mid-match mental meltdowns to think anything might happen, but I'm going with Berdych in four.

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
nehmeth said:
I like both these guys...

Berdy's done real well here. Ernie is having his best year yet. I hope one of them wins it in four.

Well seeing as you like both of them it doesn't matter if they win in 3 or 4 I guess except gas for the next match :cool:

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
gulbis v skeletor ............um........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................er.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................?...............................................................................................................................................................lolwut?..............................................................................................................................................................................................dgfkgvf,ogmjvrvomivhj mfuivn rck,bnmidkovl,xv esrydfn.........................................................................................................oof........................................................................................................................................................................................................not bovvered.

I.Haychew

Major Winner
Reactions
I'll go with Berdych in three. Berdych, with his overwhelming power, to blast Gulbis oph the court. I'd much prepher Gulbis to win, though.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
Berdych will win in 4 or 5. but I wouldn't be surprised if Gulbis pulls the upset

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
I. Haychew said:
I'll go with Berdych in three. Berdych, with his overwhelming power, to blast Gulbis oph the court. I'd much prepher Gulbis to win, though.

I would prefer Gulbis also because Berdych doesn't matches up well against djoker

TennisFanatic7

Major Winner
Reactions
Website
tennisfanaticblog.weebly.com
I hope Gulbis wins this and I fancy his chances to be honest.

A Berdych win will just lead to a boring semi-final where he'll scrape one set against Novak at best. He's won 4 of the 19 Masters/Slam semi finals he's competed in before. Rather see someone a bit more fearless and new have a go.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, I picked Berdy to go out early, and Gulbis as my Dark Horse, so I guess I'll stick with the Dark Horse I rode in on. In 4.

crystalfire

Major Winner
Reactions
I. Haychew said:

power doesnt necessarily translate inro wins on clay. its much harder to hit through someone and opponents also have more time which is one of the reasons why rafa is a great clay courter imo. that aside gulbis did take out berd in wimby last year where power works so anything goes. and gulbis is also ball basher himself so we'll see :cool:

R

Rose

Both of these guys in their careers have IMHO been such underachievers I think that is why I don't really care about this Match. Someone is just going to underachieve again :snigger