Votes: 0 0.0%
  • JJ in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
RE: 2013 Beijing Final: Serena vs. Jelena

that loss to Razzano was a blessing in disguise...Serena has won Wimbledon,2 Gold medals,doubles Wimbledon,Stanford,USA Open 12 YEC Brisbane Miami Charleston Madrid Rome RG13 Bastad Toronto USA OPEN13 Beijing..14 TITLES:clap

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions

ozza said:
Calvy said:
I don't agree with your assessment. There is a reason Aga and Caroline have been ranked higher than Jelena for more than 3 years now.

Simple fact is, Jelena has a little more power than both Aga and Woz, and that's why she plays Serena tougher, otherwise, Aga is a far crafter player than Jelena, and more reliable.

Yes I agree with this. The main reason Serena had more problem with Jankovic over the years than Radwanska and Wozniacki is the difference in their rally ball. Serena isn't one of these ball bashers who will just miss routine shots, you have to force her into errors. Jankovic at her best combined both speed of foot and weight of shot to do this. Radwanska and Wozniacki's ball isn't forceful enough, it's in Serena's strike zone, they tend to resort to just ball retrieving vs Serena which will rarely get the job done. Jankovic had the ability to redirect the ball with some pace.

Radwanska also has a terrible mentality vs Serena. She seems to be in agreement with she's going to lose before a ball has even been struck. One of my main problems with Radwanska as a player is the terribly negative mentality she gives off when facing Serena and Azarenka. For me it makes it hard to warm to her.

I am not sure however that the Jankovic of now is good enough to do this anymore. She's not as quick as she once was and has lost some of her firepower too.

Providing Serena can serve today, I think she will win in 2.

Interesting Ozza. I agree with your ARad statement. I also

think Errani has that same attitude vs Serena. Any other players

you think suffers from Serenus Intimiditus. I can think of some.

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions

kskate2 said:
RJD11 said:
Kiu said:
Congrads to Serena for title#10 for 2013

Best year for her ever.

Announcer on TennisTV said Serena is 46 - 3 vs top 5

This year or since her RG loss? Because this year she's only lost twice to top 5 (2 Vika losses).

Pretty sure he meant since RG loss.

special700

Masters Champion
Reactions
Serena's Win

They do not even have anything on the ESPN main page about Serena's win. Unbelievable.

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
RE: Serena's Win

special700 said:
They do not even have anything on the ESPN main page about Serena's win. Unbelievable.

I noticed that.

Their page was full of Joker articles of praise.

ozza

Pro Tour Player
Reactions
RJD11 said:
Interesting Ozza. I agree with your ARad statement. I also

think Errani has that same attitude vs Serena. Any other players

you think suffers from Serenus Intimiditus. I can think of some.

Errani fights hard, she just has even less that can hurt Serena, and is in even more trouble behind her serve.

I'm sure many players go on to the court vs Serena without any real game plan. Others have a big mental block like Na Li.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Well, in a nut shell, what makes Serena so hard for everyone is she has first strike capability on the serve and the return. Everyone else either sucks at both or is only good on the return. Maria used to be great at both, but her serve is far more inconsistent than it used to be. Petra has a great first serve, but meh second serve and is inconsistent off the return in my opinion. Li is just kind of average at both serve and return. Radwanska in the same boat as Li I would say. Hard to have a game plan against Serena when the ball is coming at you faster than you have time to think.

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
Well, in a nut shell, what makes Serena so hard for everyone is she has first strike capability on the serve and the return. Everyone else either sucks at both or is only good on the return. Maria used to be great at both, but her serve is far more inconsistent than it used to be. Petra has a great first serve, but meh second serve and is inconsistent off the return in my opinion. Li is just kind of average at both serve and return. Radwanska in the same boat as Li I would say. Hard to have a game plan against Serena when the ball is coming at you faster than you have time to think.

Right. Its hard to serve when the ball is landing back

on your side of the net near the baseline before you

finish your serve motion.

And that scientific study on Serena's serve revealed

that players have .4 of a second to react to a big

Serena serve ..........unless maybe they guess right.