• JJ in 3

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Serena leads the series 6-4

http://www.wtatennis.com/head2head/player1/3932/player2/9044

Even though JJ has 4 wins over Serena, none have come in a final. They met earlier this year in the finals of Charleston. Serena won in 3 sets.

Who ya got?

628x471.jpg

vs.
512x.jpg

rugged

Futures Player
Reactions
RE: 2013 Beijing Final: Serena vs. Jelena

kskate2 said:
Serena leads the series 6-4

http://www.wtatennis.com/head2head/player1/3932/player2/9044

Even though JJ has 4 wins over Serena, none have come in a final. They met earlier this year in the finals of Charleston. Serena won in 3 sets.

Who ya got?

628x471.jpg

vs.
512x.jpg

Looks like Serena's lower back is giving her some issues. So she will want to get this done quickly and like with most matches, it is in her hands. She will work to get it done in 2

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions

The whole match will come down to Serena's back.

It looked like She was in pain towards the end of 2nd set.

Actually I hate to see her play and lose when She is injured

I would rather She withdraw than risk further injury and

risk Istanbul. Especially vs JJ. It would bring their h2h

to 5 - 6 and we would hear about it being a great victory

for JJ for years
instead of what it was, a great champion

playing hurt to not disappoint the fans and still trying to win.

And JJ is the ultimate pusher and will run Serena.

So Serena, If you play......win!

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions

Awful to hear Serena and Petra are injured. Perhaps Serena should withdraw and not risk Istanbul.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions

I don't think you'll see Serena w/draw in a final. She'll take the necessary medications, play first-strike tennis and try to get the win in straights.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Serena will win for sure..Janky is not the same player she was five years ago.

RJD11

Major Winner
Reactions

JJ must have heard about Serena's injury. Talking smack ( She knows exactly how
many wins She has ) ( 4 )

"She's the best player in the world right now," Jankovic said of the World No.1. "She's in unbelievable form. Even though I have beaten her in the past - I think I have five, six wins against her - I think she's the most difficult player to play against. She has a lot of experience, winning a lot of titles and winning pretty much everything there is to win. And she's physically so strong, I think stronger than 99% of the players. She has all the shots. When she's on top of her game, it's very difficult to beat her.

"Hopefully I can play my best so that I can at least have a chance."

- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3482373/title/jankovic-bounces-back-beats-kvitova#sthash.qSi92jqF.dpuf

my sherona

Pro Tour Player
Reactions

its JJ turn to beat serena..shes ripe for an easy picking.

zalvar

Masters Champion
Reactions

If Serena's back isn't a bother then she'll do this in straights, I think. Jankovic can challenge Ree though so this COULD be interesting.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

RJD11 said:

"She's the best player in the world right now," Jankovic said of the World No.1. "She's in unbelievable form. Even though I have beaten her in the past - I think I have five, six wins against her - I think she's the most difficult player to play against. She has a lot of experience, winning a lot of titles and winning pretty much everything there is to win. And she's physically so strong, I think stronger than 99% of the players. She has all the shots. When she's on top of her game, it's very difficult to beat her.

- See more at: http://www.wtatennis.com/news/article/3482373/title/jankovic-bounces-back-beats-kvitova#sthash.qSi92jqF.dpuf
if Serena reads this smack talk she will beat Jankovic like a drum...Jelena has always sounded a bit jealous of the sisters and Serena knows how to put Jankovic in her place like she did at the South Carolina event...

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions

RJD11 said:

I'm confused, where is the "talking smack?"

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

Calvy said:
RJD11 said:

she can talk smack all she wants...she will lose to Serena:lolz:

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions

Serena in straight sets

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions

Serena needs to rest and treat her back. It is almost guaranteed that JJ will make her run around that court during the match. JJ's serve has a little more pop than Aga's serve. Serena might not be able to just blast her off the court like she did Caro and Aga.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions

colleen66 said:
Serena needs to rest and treat her back. It is almost guaranteed that JJ will make her run around that court during the match. JJ's serve has a little more pop than Aga's serve. Serena might not be able to just blast her off the court like she did Caro and Aga.
Radwanska makes her opponents hit that extra shot...Janky used to do that but due to wear and tear she gives up easily...plus her confidence has dipped a lot.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Calvy said:
RJD11 said:

I agree. I think the H2H is 6-4 in Serena's favor, so JJ is off by one, but otherwise she is nothing but complimentary. Does "smack" talk against Serena mean not bowing down and kissing the ring?

Calvy

Masters Champion
Reactions

colleen66 said:

I don't agree with your assessment. There is a reason Aga and Caroline have been ranked higher than Jelena for more than 3 years now.

Simple fact is, Jelena has a little more power than both Aga and Woz, and that's why she plays Serena tougher, otherwise, Aga is a far crafter player than Jelena, and more reliable.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions

I took JJ in 3 sets but that's basically what I want to happen. So I went with my heart.
Even with Serena's questionable back, I think realistically, JJ has a 25% chance.

However, I didn't think JJ would beat Petra and here she is. That's why she gets 25% chance, a 1 in 4 shot against Serena is not bad odds.