1958 - The introduction of the Cassette Tape

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

BRING BACK THE BLANK/RECORDABLE CASSETTE TAPES, I SAY :cry:
These should never have been discontinued.

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
I loved my cassettes. I still have some & a tape recorder as well as a cassette deck on my c.d. player & radio. The only problem I had with cassettes is sometimes they got tangled & if you weren't careful getting them out of the tape deck they tore so you had to throw them. I agree that they should bring back blank tapes & they shouldn't have done away with them.

That's a fascinating video. Thank you very much for sharing.

Reactions: Vince Evert

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I loved my cassettes. I still have some & a tape recorder as well as a cassette deck on my c.d. player & radio. The only problem I had with cassettes is sometimes they got tangled & if you weren't careful getting them out of the tape deck they tore so you had to throw them. I agree that they should bring back blank tapes & they shouldn't have done away with them.

That's a fascinating video. Thank you very much for sharing.
My pleasure and how R you, dear ?

Am campaigning on the return of cassettes on other music forums. One that took my interest was the TDK 180 minute, which i never knew existed? I knew of the 120 minute tapes have a few here but they were unreliable and could just as easily get tangled being too thin. Wonder what was the reason they have been discontinued in general and what has apparently taken their place?

Horsa

Equine-loving rhyme-artist
Reactions
My pleasure and how R you, dear ?

Am campaigning on the return of cassettes on other music forums. One that took my interest was the TDK 180 minute, which i never knew existed? I knew of the 120 minute tapes have a few here but they were unreliable and could just as easily get tangled being too thin. Wonder what was the reason they have been discontinued in general and what has apparently taken their place?
I'm fine, thank you very much for asking. How are you, Vince?

Good luck! I think they might have been dropped because they tangled too often. I have no idea what took their place unfortunately.