Monte Carlo Rolex Masters 2022, Monaco, ATP Masters 1000

Jelenafan

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Fokina may be tough, but Novak's helping his "cause" with indefensible UFE. not even under pressure! This might be "The End!" :astonished-face: :anxious-face-with-sweat::shushing-face: :facepalm:
Except that Fokina has to actually do it. Just lost the 2nd set tiebreaker after having a mini break lead. The problem with being close to beating a champ is you start thinking about it. :thinking-face:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Except that Fokina has to actually do it. Just lost the 2nd set tiebreaker after having a mini break lead. The problem with being close to beating a champ is you start thinking about it. :thinking-face:
That's where the lower ranked player goes wrong. They weren't thinking when they got the lead, they were just executing. The problem is, they stop executing and allow their head to interfere with the process. And most times having a double break helps the process.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I saw the first 2 sets, then had to get on a zoom, came back to 5-1. Annacone said something about Djokovic would be disappointed how quickly he faded after the tight 2nd. What happened?

Oh...and he did it!

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
It's ovaah. The kid breaks Djoke a 3rd time for a breadstick in the decider :baguette-bread:

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I saw the first 2 sets, then had to get on a zoom, came back to 5-1. Annacone said something about Djokovic would be disappointed how quickly he faded after the tight 2nd. What happened?

Oh...and he did it!
Not sure. I was on a conf call in the first 2 sets. Tuned in at 2-0 in the decider.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I did hear them say Djoke was down in the 2nd a break. Apparently fought back to level the match in the TB and then faded pretty fast in the decider after all that fist pumping and roaring. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I did hear them say Djoke was down in the 2nd a break. Apparently fought back to level the match in the TB and then faded pretty fast in the decider after all that fist pumping and roaring. :face-with-hand-over-mouth:
The first set ADF was on fire, ND made lots of UFEs. The wind was tough, and we know Novak hates that. Alejandro came back down to earth a bit in the 2nd. Annacone did say early on that if there is ever a "good" time to play Novak, or someone that great, it would be after a long lay-off, and I'm sure that was the main reason he lost. I thought he might not make it to Alcaraz, because his draw was rough for a first tournament back in ages, but didn't see him losing today.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Fog eats a bagel and leaves the building in defeat to Tits. With this loss, F3 will drop down to the 60s as he still had 2019 points coming off.

Reactions: MargaretMcAleer