Will the Umpires clampdown on Nadal and Djokovic's stalling tactics ?

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
It's two days out from the championship which I know can be extremely challenging for the players in particular when players are competing on an extremely hot day (and evening). Therefore we must expect to see discretion by the umpires. But overall I feel that the 25 seconds rule should be enforced, by and large this year on all players.
But the two main culprits remain Nadal and Djokovic.

So what do you guys think ? Will the umpire have the balls (so to speak) of enforcing this ?

Will Nadal and/or Djokovic make more of an effort to keep the action moving this year ?

Will one of 'em should they breach twice, receive a point penalty warning, spit the dummy and walk off the court ? :laydownlaughing

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Rafa's often been penalised for this. It has the effect of firing him up. Fashionista said he's been playing faster this year, presumably because he was alerted you were onto him... ;)

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Rafa's often been penalised for this. It has the effect of firing him up. Fashionista said he's been playing faster this year, presumably because he was alerted you were onto him... ;)

Thanks. I'll be watching their matches along with a stop-watch. Should one of the matches involving Nole or Nadal in the early rounds, go 5 sets, I'll be checking up time in between points with the stop-watch :devil

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Will you, really? I'd rather use the time between points to put on the kettle, water the plants, walk the dog, have a long nap, than spend it staring at a cheap wristwatch... :popcorn

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Kieran said:
Will you, really? I'd rather use the time between points to put on the kettle, water the plants, walk the dog, have a long nap, than spend it staring at a cheap wristwatch... :popcorn

Sure I would. And it will be interesting to compare that (matches vs other opponents) with the time in between points whenever Nadal and Djokovic played one another in various matches from last year ;)