Which player not known as Novak Djokovic will win a major next?

Which player not known as Novak Djokovic will win a major next?

• Andy Murray

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tomas Berdych

• Kei Nishikori

• Jo-Wilfried Tsonga

• Marin Cilic

• Total voters

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
OK, it's a little hard to look past Novak right now, but if you have to give a name... Who will win the next slam without the name Novak Djokovic?

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I was impressed with Raonic so far this year,winning Brisbane and then making the s/finals at the AO.If he can remain injury free,we all saw what happened in his s/final match at the AO,I think he has a real shot of a GS title.Injuries seem to plague him in 2015.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
I think Murray at Wimbledon. Otherwise some other surprise winner. I think Roger is completely done at majors at this point. He had a lot going for him heading into both Wimbledon and USO finals last year and lost feebly at both. This AO was about what could be expected. All said and done Roger has done nothing at slams for almost 4 years now and simply doesn't perform his best when the stakes are highest anymore.

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer--he has been in more slam finals and semifinals than anyone other than Novak in 2014-2016. If you show up to the dance enough times, something is bound to look your way eventually. Furthermore, he seems to be the only guy that can actually take it to Novak (when not in the mode he was in during first two sets of their seminfinal clash) other than Stanislas when hot. But Wawrinka does not make as many finals or semifinals to put himself in position; Federer (still) often does.

Reactions: britbox

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Well, I'm going to go with Nadal, since BB went with Roger. ;) I really believe he has a couple more in him, and his best shot is RG this year. Hey, I'm a fangirl. Gotta have faith. :heart:

shawnbm

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I like that about Moxie. Su apoyo de Rafa no diminuye jamás. ¡Hala!

Reactions: Moxie

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Federer--he has been in more slam finals and semifinals than anyone other than Novak in 2014-2016. If you show up to the dance enough times, something is bound to look your way eventually. Furthermore, he seems to be the only guy that can actually take it to Novak (when not in the mode he was in during first two sets of their seminfinal clash) other than Stanislas when hot. But Wawrinka does not make as many finals or semifinals to put himself in position; Federer (still) often does.
Yeah, that's what my hopes are hanging on too. Keep showing up at the dance... and eventually you'll get the dance. I don't rule out that he could beat Novak at Wimbledon (although Novak will still be favourite and expected to win - it's not an impossibility) and outside of that scenario, there is always the chance Novak gets taken out by somebody else... Not many gave Stan much of a chance at Roland Garros last year. Things happen.

Reactions: shawnbm

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
I still think Federer is by some distance the next best so no reason not to say he will

Reactions: britbox

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I was impressed with Raonic so far this year,winning Brisbane and then making the s/finals at the AO.If he can remain injury free,we all saw what happened in his s/final match at the AO,I think he has a real shot of a GS title.Injuries seem to plague him in 2015.
Raonic gets an A grade for his start to the season. I'm a converted believer that this guy is going places. I like his attitude, his eagerness to improve and I like the way he wants to take the net (always a sucker for serve and volley and aggressive tennis). I don't like his backhand groundies.... but he's slowly improving most facets of his game.

Reactions: shawnbm

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Federer, for the reasons given above by Shawnbm, Britbox and Federberg.