US Open Day 5: Friday, August 30 - Order of Play

tented

Administrator
Reactions

Click here for the Day 5 Order of Play

(All matches, on all courts, are listed in order to give you a feel for when everything will begin and end.)

TV schedules for the US, Australia, Canada, Europe, and the UK have been added. They can be accessed through the main menu at the top of each page (between "Useful Links" and "About Us").

Not all broadcasters' information is available yet, but will be added as known.

Please use this thread to discuss Day 5 action.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Looking at the schedule, nothing is really jumping out at me as the match to watch...Maybe delpo-hewitt, for sentimental reasons...

Hewitt/Delpo could be good. Both will come in after very tough matches so it might not be as predictable as you think.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I doubt Hewitt can hang for 5 sets with Delpo, but if he troubles him, after the GGLopez match, we might start to wonder about the state of the big Argentine for the long haul.

I do think Wawrinka/Karlovic could offer surprises, and what about the battle of the Frenchmen: Bennateau v. Chardy?

Youzhy v. Dologopolov?

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Baghdatis - Anderson could be good. I'd watch it if I could, but it's in the middle of the night for me.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
DP/Hewitt match could be good. They actually played at Queens and I think DP lost in 3. While I expect DP to win, you know Lleyton will not lay down.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
kskate2 said:
DP/Hewitt match could be good. They actually played at Queens and I think DP lost in 3. While I expect DP to win, you know Lleyton will not lay down.

This will be a great gauge for DelPo. He looked lethargic and sleepy against Garcia Lopez. You can't get away with that with the Wharf Rat.

Johnsteinbeck

Major Winner
Reactions
had been posting in the wrong thread....

Luxilon Borg said:
johnsteinbeck said:
Haas is going through quite a rough game vs Lu serving at 2-3 in the second. he looked quite in command, going a set and a break up, but seems to be mightily struggling now, bickering about his equipment and so on. and Lu is getting into a nice rhythm.

quite entertaining match, crowd is packed... they always like Tommy here, don't they? :)

They pack it in for Haas because he is supremely talented and a real professional. He is better technically at 35 then at 25.

I know his assistant coach..he is a local guy.
he is indeed. gotta love the guy and his game. unfortunately, the struggle continues. he held in that looong game, then managed to break Lu, but got broken right back, courtesy of yet another df.

also, how fast is Lu? quite some wheels on that guy.

and NOW, Lu got broken again, and Haas will serve to go up 2-0.

Denis

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
And so he does, 2 sets up. Looks like he will be paying a visit to the Doctor. Interesting section there btw, with Del Potro in it too.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gutsy win from Granollers from 2 sets down on Ram.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Asmodeus said:
Novak is the odds on favorite to win this thing? He looked like a zombie at the beginning of the match.

I saw none of that match...but I thought Nadal was slightly favored? Or at least, co-favorite.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
I did not see Andy losing a set but there you go...

He just played 1 poor service game. It was sloppy but he got it done in 4.

Iona16

Masters Champion
Reactions
1972Murat said:
Iona16 said:
1972Murat said:
I did not see Andy losing a set but there you go...

He just played 1 poor service game. It was sloppy but he got it done in 4.

He is definitely allowed a bad service game, a little loss of concentration.;)

Absolutely. Another Mayer in the 3rd round.