The Monica Guangzhou Open - Live here

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions
As there is no thread about this amazing event I am honored to be amazed by Monica the slicer who made it to the semi final ! :wow:
She is always unexpected just as her style of playing is, from 60 to 52.

Simona, watch and learn. :cool: :rolleyes:

p.s. I broke 3 keyboards until I managed to type the event name right.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
RE: The Monica Guangzhou Open

You do realize some players just have a few off weeks, right? You sure did go from loving to Simona to treating her like your naughty child pretty quickly.

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions

I am still recovering from the fact that Stosur lost her first match here.

Quarterfinal scores:

0563f578f12f4f438732aa97189a8ba7.jpg

THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 18, 2014

SINGLES - QUARTERFINALS
Monica Niculescu (ROU) d Monica Puig (PUR) | 6 - 2 | 6 - 2 |
Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) d Maria-Teresa Torro-Flor (ESP) | 6 - 2 | 6 - 3 |
[WC] Yafan Wang (CHN) d [Q] Kai-Lin Zhang (CHN) | 3 - 6 | 6 - 2 | 6 - 2 |
[2] Alize Cornet (FRA) d [WC] Su-Wei Hsieh (TPE) | 7 - 6 (5) | 6 - 1 |

Monica won the battle of Monicas!

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions

sk310 said:
You do realize some players just have a few off weeks, right? You sure did go from loving to Simona to treating her like your naughty child pretty quickly.

Thats exactly what Simona is at present. :) Thank you for helping me with your constructive remark.
She has "few off months", not weeks, including IW lose to Aga fighter, 3 loses to Sugarova fighter, lose to Ryba, lose to Barroni fighter. Thats about 6 months since Doha, and thats the difference between "watchers" (you) and fans (me). We feel, you watch.. :cool:

You are really going no where with your stuff about me I am afraid. I have been there done that. Its a piece of cake, whoever you are. I lived sports more than you will ever will, even if you maybe some coach or another something like that. I actually enjoyed your little remarks towards me in the last month or two. Its fun.
Are you Nigel Sears the former Ana coach? You sound like him. Same style. I actually respect you but you need more emotions, thats why Ana fired you. :D

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions

Kiu said:
Monica won the battle of Monicas!

Cute. :) There were few Chinese girls there which caused some damage to the seeds and Stusor can lose to anyone these days, maybe she gets old?.. :puzzled
But Monica can have a surge now and then, she is so weird and unconsistent :D Always fun to watch the slicer

tented

Administrator
Reactions

Si Si Simona said:
I lived sports more than you will ever will, even if you maybe some coach or another something like that.

Statements like this don't help anyone. On one hand, you're admitting you have no idea who the other user really is, yet at the same time you're making claims as if you had enough information to make legitimate comparisons.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions

tented said:
you're making claims as if you had enough information to make legitimate comparisons.

Exactly. His "subtle" remarks are going on for few months so I have my rights to answer them, thank you.
He ridicules me for months since Wimbeldon, and because freedom of speech is allowed I have to say my word.
He tries to make me look like an idiot who changes his opinion about Simona Halep for no "mature" reason, and I think that he is clueless.

Btw, if you admins want everyone here to be just a boring nice guy with nothing important to say then just say so, so I can leave.
Maybe thats why not so many people join this forum?... its nice here but we must keep it alive and REAL.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions

Wow Monica! :puzzled The SLICER is in the final! :D

Romanian Monica Niculescu finally ended wild card entry Yafan Wang's superb run in the tournament with a 6-0, 6-2 victory in the earlier semifinal.

Niculescu, who is yet to drop a set in the event, won six of her eight break points to beat China's Wang.

Jumped from 60 to 49. She waited such an event whole year. It makes her year look much better.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions

I didn't ridicule you. I simply point out your inconstancies.

I like Simona. I like her game. In the same time you claim she was so "off" she made a grand slam final and a semi. That's most player's version of a great summer.

During Wimbledon you denigrated anybody who played well against Simona or said even the slightest thing negative about her.

Inconsistent.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions

sk310 said:

I like Simona. I like her game. In the same time you claim she was so "off" she made a grand slam final and a semi. That's most player's version of a great summer.

During Wimbledon you denigrated anybody who played well against Simona or said even the slightest thing negative about her.

Inconsistent.

You talk total Nonsense.
In Doha she beat much better players than she beat in Paris and Wimbeldon combined. You being so shallow are talking about grand slams instead of beating quality players. You must be a first level journalist or something like that. I pointed Doha as the last event this year she was fighting in, and I am totally correct. Since then she stopped fighting and indulged in "having pleasure" and feeling good about herself.
I am totally consistent. Before USO I said here that she will fail and she did fail. I am super consistent. Read my posts, but you did read my posts, you just have a selective memory to fit into your little visions.
I just feel sorry for you, you are so sure you know what you are talking about but you really have no clue. If you have some type of job in tennis it means nothing. Many clueless people fill this sports and other sports.
And with that I am done with you. bye

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Cornet is in final

faradubii

Futures Player
Reactions

Because she's in the final Niculescu could not go to the qualies in Wuhan. Same thing happened with Lepchenko in Seoul. They should take their revenge by winning the tournaments...

Correspondent Kiu

Correspondent
Reactions

Semifinal scores:

FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2014

SINGLES - SEMIFINALS
Monica Niculescu (ROU) d [WC] Yafan Wang (CHN) | 6 - 0 | 6 - 2 |
[2] Alize Cornet (FRA) d Timea Bacsinszky (SUI) | 6 - 1 | 7 - 6 (5) |

DOUBLES - SEMIFINALS
A Cornet / M Linette (FRA/POL) d [1] M Doi / Y Xu (JPN/CHN) | 7 - 6 (5) | 7 - 6 (5) |
C Chuang / C Liang (TPE/CHN) d [2] A Klepac / M Torro-Flor (SLO/ESP) | 7 - 6 (2) | 5 - 7 | 12 - 10 |

Alize made both finals. Monica goes for her second title in as many years.

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions

Si Si Simona said:
sk310 said:

Inconsistent.

You talk total Nonsense.
In Doha she beat much better players than she beat in Paris and Wimbeldon combined. You being so shallow are talking about grand slams instead of beating quality players. You must be a first level journalist or something like that. I pointed Doha as the last event this year she was fighting in, and I am totally correct. Since then she stopped fighting and indulged in "having pleasure" and feeling good about herself.
I am totally consistent. Before USO I said here that she will fail and she did fail. I am super consistent. Read my posts, but you did read my posts, you just have a selective memory to fit into your little visions.
I just feel sorry for you, you are so sure you know what you are talking about but you really have no clue. If you have some type of job in tennis it means nothing. Many clueless people fill this sports and other sports.

A wise person once told me... When you are having a debate with someone and they start to attack you personally, you know you have won.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions

sk310 said:
Si Si Simona said:
sk310 said:

Inconsistent.

You talk total Nonsense.

A wise person once told me... When you are having a debate with someone and they start to attack you personally, you know you have won.

:D Who attacks you personally? I am just telling my opinion about your nonsense.
So you think that Stosur ranked 20 and earned 13 Million so far comes to Wuhan to get the appearance fee? :laydownlaughing
Or maybe Navarro ranked 19 who earned 1.1 Million just this year comes to Wuhan for the appearance fee?
You said that all top 20 players come to Wuhan for the appearance fee. :D

You really do not know much about tennis do you?..

I will be the nice guy and just put you in my ignore list, and that my friend is a real win. Not reading your posts.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions

Monica looks good but as usual did all the work just to put it in the net :D
I wish her the best, one of the nicest and mature characters on tour and its great fun to watch her style of play.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions

Good match. Monica shows resistance and saves 2 break points at 3-2 :) very impressive from Monica against a very solid player like Alize.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Si Si Simona said:
sk310 said:
Si Si Simona said:
sk310 said:

Inconsistent.

You talk total Nonsense.

:D Who attacks you personally? I am just telling my opinion about your nonsense.

I don't know..accusing him of being "shallow" and talking "nonsense" could be considered attacking.

Si Si Simona

Major Winner
Reactions

Moxie629 said:
Si Si Simona said:
sk310 said:
Si Si Simona said:
sk310 said:

Inconsistent.

You talk total Nonsense.

I don't know..accusing him of being "shallow" and talking "nonsense" could be considered attacking.

"inconsistent" or idiot in other words isnt then?... He attacked me on that for 2 months going.
Anyway there is a reason you have so little traffic on this forum. The picture is getting clear now.
These tennis forums (all 3 forums I encountered) are NOT AT ALL what I expected them to be. very disappointing level. Lower than an average football forum. Very narrow minded life.
I guess its the type of fans which makes it be that way. Above all I enjoy the hypocrisy and phony behaviour.
I suggest you bring back "ma sherona", she is your cup of tea I guess.