So what happened to Nadal in 2015-2016?

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
I thought dull was done in 15-16 when he was losing to every tom, dick and harry in town even on his beloved clay. All his groundstrokes were weak, his FH was completely off, movement was gone.

Then he suddenly gets his FH back from 2017? WTF? What happened? How did he improve SO drastically from 15-16 to 17-18? I never count out dull but since his level itself had declined so much in 2015-16 I thought that was it, he's done. But damn how does he get his FH back?

After Fed lost his FH after AO 10, he's never quite got his back. But dull can play like this even now at 32? I'm baffled.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
I'm looking forward to the full scale investigation and collusion of these old goats being not only able to hang on and win majors, but still dominate and take the majors as if it's 2006! The competition is certainly better and upsets occur, but it's been a bit disturbing to have FEDAL at the top of the ranks again with the Next Gen allowing Nole back into the fray after being "way off" for well over a year! WTF is up? Why aren't Kei, Milos, Sasha, & Grigor hoisting up trophies in triumph more often? I've never looked for a change in the men's side of the game this much! The women are hopeless; allowing Serena to get this far after all her trials and tribulations! They're about the same as the men; fully capable with tons of ability, but consistency escapes them all! When you have 7 players vying for #1 each major, that's telling; mediocrity on full display IMO! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :rolleyes:

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
I'm looking forward to the full scale investigation and collusion of these old goats being not only able to hang on and win majors, but still dominate and take the majors as if it's 2006! The competition is certainly better and upsets occur, but it's been a bit disturbing to have FEDAL at the top of the ranks again with the Next Gen allowing Nole back into the fray after being "way off" for well over a year! WTF is up? Why aren't Kei, Milos, Sasha, & Grigor hoisting up trophies in triumph more often? I've never looked for a change in the men's side of the game this much! The women are hopeless; allowing Serena to get this far after all her trials and tribulations! They're about the same as the men; fully capable with tons of ability, but consistency escapes them all! When you have 7 players vying for #1 each major, that's telling; mediocrity on full display IMO! :whistle: :nono: :facepalm: :banghead: :rolleyes:

I just don't understand how dull's FH is the same level as 2013? That is just absurd to me. He was not missing a ball out there. This was unthinkable in 2015-16. Fed's FH has declined to a great extent, he has never got his former power and penetration back. But dull's FH is as strong as ever. I don't get it.

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions

The competition is not better. If I'm being nice to the field the last two years...screw it I have no desire to be nice, the field is weak as hell. Next gen hasn't shown us anything yet and injuries and drop of form has made Djoker, Murray and Wawrinka largely irrelevant. The old timers can still play well enough to get by everyone under these circumstances.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Movement?

I'd venture to guess Anderson will move up a couple ranking positions due to making Wimbledon Final and Nole will get into the top 10 at last! It took a while, but if he wins tomorrow, I think he'll be at least #10, supplanting some dodgy player barely hanging on! :whistle::yesyes: :facepalm:

Reactions: The_Grand_Slam

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal's sink in '15-'16 was a combination of injuries, which led to lack of confidence. Some time off helped him gain both confidence and his game back. Much as it did for Roger, though Roger's regroup went pretty fast, especially after a much longer fallow period, vis-a-vis Majors, especially. Given that Rafa is younger, and his fall was both shorter and less deep, I think it's much less surprising than Roger's resurgence.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
But why is dull's FH as powerful as ever? That's the shocking part. Is he taking something?
Oh, here it comes. That's what you were gaming by starting the thread, then, right? Why is Federer's BH more effective than ever, including a decade ago? How did he win a Major after barely a tune-up, 7 months off, and 4 1/2 years since his last one? At 35? Two can play this game, and you won't win. Federer's resurgence if by far more mysterious than Nadal getting his great FH back, which also took time, but with such a short interim between Majors, with clear injuries. What are you really trying to say?

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
Oh, here it comes. That's what you were gaming by starting the thread, then, right? Why is Federer's BH more effective than ever, including a decade ago? How did he win a Major after barely a tune-up, 7 months off, and 4 1/2 years since his last one? At 35? Two can play this game, and you won't win. Federer's resurgence if by far more mysterious than Nadal getting his great FH back, which also took time, but with such a short interim between Majors, with clear injuries. What are you really trying to say?

I just want to know dull's diet so that I too can have unlimited stamina.