Records & Accomplishments that go unnoticed

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
In this thread, you can post records and accomplishments that are kind of never mentioned or are unknown by many tennis fans... You can post ones about your favorite players or any other player...

For example concerning my favorite Nadal, I'm not talking about accomplishments like his decimas, having at least 2 slams on each surface or his 10 consecutive years with a slam title because such records are mentioned often...

I have a couple ones for Nadal that I rarely see mentioned if ever...

- Nadal has no losing slam final h2h to any player

6-3 vs Federer, 4-4 vs Djokovic, 1-1 vs Wawrinka, 2-0 vs Thiem, 1-0 vs Puerta, Soderling, Berdych, Ferrer, Anderson, Medvedev.

That is insane because slam finals are by far the biggest moments for athletes in our sport. That's where you need to bring it!

By comparison, Federer is 3-6 vs Nadal, 1-4 vs Djokovic, 0-1 vs Del Potro. Meanwhile Djokovic is 0-2 vs Wawrinka. I'm sure other champions besides Nadal might have no losing record to anyone in slam finals but they probably have nowhere near 19 slam titles.

In fact, for 5+ slam champions, Fred Perry (8 titles) is the only other player with no losing record to anyone in a slam final and he's not from the Open era.

- Most weeks in the Top 2

Nadal (523) is currently only 5 weeks behind Federer (528) for the most weeks spent inside the Top 2. So by the end of the year he will have the most weeks of all-time in the Top 2 which is a testament to his excellence throughout the years.

It doesn't look like he will be leaving the Top 2 anytime soon and will even most likely be no.1 in the next couple of months... So he will end up having a big lead soon enough...

- Most outdoor titles

Nadal has the most outdoor titles in history with 82! He is ahead of Federer's 77 and Djokovic's 63. That is incredible as tennis has always been first and foremost an outdoor sport (including all slams).

- Most slams after the age of 30

This is a very recent record, so it's just starting to be mentioned... Rafa now has the most slam titles after the age of 30 with 5 titles. A testament to his longevity especially since he won his 1st slam at the age of 19.

Anyways please share some of the lesser known records of your favorite players and I'll also comeback and share other ones by Nadal and other players...

Last edited:

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Federer:

- 23 consecutive semifinals at majors (2004 Wimbledon - 2010 Roland Garros)

- 10 consecutive major finals (if not for the 2008 SF loss to Djokovic in Australia, Roger would have been in 19 major finals in a row)

- 31 major finals

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal: First player to hold Major titles on all 3 surfaces simultaneously. Youngest player to win the Career Slam in the Open Era. Oldest player to be YE#1.

Federer: Oldest #1.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Since Djokovic is getting "no" LOVE:

- DJOKOVIC is the only player to win all 14 premiere events (4 Majors, 9 Masters, YEC) at least once, 12 of them multiple times, and is 1 FO from a Double CGS :rolleyes:

Nole has won this decade and IIRC, he's taken 15 Majors, 4 YEC's, & Bronze Olympic Medal! ("Thx Rog for the tanks!") :clap:

Djoker's greatest season of 2015 had him winning 3 Majors; Finalist in the 4th! He played 8 Masters events, won 6, & was a finalist in the other 2! He outperformed his other super season of 2011 by finishing the year with a YEC win accruing the highest # of pts as World #1 (16,950)! Who's going to ever outdo that? :whistle:

Last edited:
Reactions: Andy22

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Since Djokovic is getting "no" LOVE:

- DJOKOVIC is the only player to win all 14 premiere events (4 Majors, 9 Masters, YEC) at least once, 12 of them multiple times, and is 1 FO from a Double CGS :rolleyes:

Nole has won this decade and IIRC, he's taken 15 Majors, 4 YEC's, & Bronze Olympic Medal! ("Thx Rog for the tanks!") :clap:

Djoker's greatest season of 2015 had him winning 3 Majors; Finalist in the 4th! He played 8 Masters events, won 6, & was a finalist in the other 2! He outperformed his other super season of 2011 by finishing the year with a YEC win accruing the highest # of pts as World #1 (16,950)! Who's going to ever outdo that? :whistle:

Still missing the Olympics but otherwise yeah it's a great accomplishment...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Borg won the Channel Slam 3 times. And Wimbledon 5 times in a row.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal records are out of this world, you can write a book on his records alone, I mean Nadal clearly grand slam final goat.

Reactions: Nadalfan2013

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Nadal records are out of this world, you can write a book on his records alone, I mean Nadal clearly grand slam final goat.

Oh please; all of Fedalovic have records the other can't match or ever will surpass! Nadal's # are really running in 3rd place with most of his excellence occurring on the clay surface! If you want to write exclusively about that, you'll have a best seller, otherwise you're weary and need to "go to bed" as they say! :whistle::facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Oh please; all of Fedalovic have records the other can't match or ever will surpass! Nadal's # are really running in 3rd place with most of his excellence occurring on the clay surface! If you want to write exclusively about that, you'll have a best seller, otherwise you're weary and need to "go to bed" as they say! :whistle::facepalm: :banghead: :cuckoo: :eek: :rolleyes: :ptennis:
No sorry bro but [clay records] count just as much as [hard courts records] I which most of Djokovic or Federer records are on they are more onsided than, nadal he has more records off his favourite surface than them on clay. also don't try put Djokovic and federer together they have different records of their own, also all the records at the top by nadalfan2013 are off clay and definitely full at least 2 or 3 books. finally the really big records nadal has are not even on clay, like= [golden slam] best grand slam finals record] [winning grand slams all surfaces in a single season] [most slams in his 30s] winning 10 masters on both hard court and clay ect. I could on all day about his records off clay its a long list which I don't have time for but you get the point.

Andy22

Major Winner
Reactions
Omg, goat nadal has 35 records off clay that's insane sometimes I think nadal was born on a diferent planet that compete player he is and such a humble man he would even give the shirt off his back if you asked him. also if look at clay only records all time its 26, so that's 56 overall [with more multiple surface records than clay only] of course we nadal fans theres much more records with wiki don't having all of them. anyway we should all thank god for making such a beautiful person