Random Questions for 2014 Season

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
1-Has Tomic finally gotten serious?
In Sydney his intensity is noticeably palpable. Looks fitter too. Back to Radical I see.

2-Will DelPo ever changer rackets, or stick with his 2009 trusty Wilson slam winning racket?

3-Who will win the battle of the Super Coaches!????
Edberg? Becker Lendl? etc

4-Will Federer fall out of the top 10?

5-Will Nadal win a 9th French..., Is there a player on earth that can defeat him
in a 3 out 5 set match on clay?

6-Last but not least, will someone outside of the Big Four win a major?
Stan, Berdych, Tsonga? The Little Beast?

Bonus:

7-Will one of the "Young Guns" make a splash?
Baby Fed? Popsicle? The Dog? Sock?

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions
Luxilon Borg said:
In Sydney his intensity is noticeably palpable. Looks fitter too. Back to Radical I see.

We'll see. If he breaks a racquet and crashes his Ferrari into a brick wall after his match against Nadal then no. If he wins then yeah but I can't see it happening.

2-Will DelPo ever changer rackets, or stick with his 2009 trusty Wilson slam winning racket?

No idea but racquets don't seem to be his problem imo.

In terms of actual coaching advice given it's impossible to tell. Most of their talk is neutralized on court as players pretty much end up doing their own thing. If Djokovic wins more than usual I wouldn't really put that all down to Becker. More that he sorted his $hit out himself and got his mojo back.

No.

5-Will Nadal win a 9th French..., Is there a player on earth that can defeat him

Yes, it's been done and got to match points before in Rome '06 by a certain Roger Federer (2 MPs).
At this stage the only guy with any shot at it is Djokovic.

Very much doubt it.

Bonus:

Very much doubt it. Which sucks, as I'd like to see a new player win something big. Jerzy Janowicz for a masters 500 is a longshot maybe. Only if he varies his serve more and cuts the dropshots way down.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Front242 said:
Luxilon Borg said:

We'll see. If he breaks a racquet and crashes his Ferrari into a brick wall after his match against Nadal then no. If he wins then yeah but I can't see it happening.

No idea but racquets don't seem to be his problem imo.

In terms of actual coaching advice given it's impossible to tell. Most of their talk is neutralized on court as players pretty much end up doing their own thing. If Djokovic wins more than usual I wouldn't really put that all down to Becker. More that he sorted his $hit out himself and got his mojo back.

No.

Yes, it's been done and got to match points before in Rome '06 by a certain Roger Federer (2 MPs).
At this stage the only guy with any shot at it is Djokovic.

Very much doubt it.

Bonus:

Very much doubt it. Which sucks, as I'd like to see a new player win something big. Jerzy Janowicz for a masters 500 is a longshot maybe. Only if he varies his serve more and cuts the dropshots way down.

I like Jerzy Boy, but he has to get fitter and he has to streamline his game. I think he has top 10 potential but it is 50/50. Baby Fed on the other hand, IMO, has a 80/20 chance of breaking in to the top 10.

Per your point about Nadal..well that was 8 years ago and Nadal is a far superior player. Yes, Joker was up a break in the 5th this year but did not get the job done. Robin Soldering is the only man, and he is done and dusted.

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I doubt it. Even if he did, it's probably just for a little while and then he'll go crazy again. It's easy to spot a headcase.

Hardly his biggest problem so I doubt anyone cares.

Becker since ultimately, it's about the player, and Novak is the best player of the three right now.

I doubt it. He can't do much worse than last season, and even that would be enough to keep him in the top 10.

He probably will but Djokovic absolutely can beat him. He came quite close last time.

If it happens it's not going to be one of the above mentioned players. And it probably won't happen.

Bonus:

Depends on what a "splash" is. Serious results in a major? I don't see it.

Luxilon Borg

Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
I doubt it. Even if he did, it's probably just for a little while and then he'll go crazy again. It's easy to spot a headcase.

Hardly his biggest problem so I doubt anyone cares.

Becker since ultimately, it's about the player, and Novak is the best player of the three right now.

I doubt it. He can't do much worse than last season, and even that would be enough to keep him in the top 10.

He probably will but Djokovic absolutely can beat him. He came quite close last time.

If it happens it's not going to be one of the above mentioned players. And it probably won't happen.

Bonus:

Depends on what a "splash" is. Serious results in a major? I don't see it.

Pretty definitive answers. Can't say any are off the mark.

My personal prediction is that Nadal WILL win another French.

I think Tomic has turned a new leaf, but it is such a fine line anything can send
him off the path.

I don't think will fall out of the top ten but that was the chatter all over the Tennis Channel.

The question about the Super Coaches, was obviously all in fun. If we see a dramatic change in one of those players, lets say like in Nishikori's game or results, then there will be something to it. Or if we suddenly see Federer chipping and charging...

I think a young gun WILL break through.either winning a Masters 1000 or getting to a quarter or semi of a slam.