Novak is going to run the table

roberto

Futures Player
Reactions
Does anyone else get the sense that, barring unseen injuries, Djokovic has a good shot at four in a row again? RG '19 is gonna be an absolute slug fest :) If he were to win there, he'd be one slam behind Rafa and have Fed in his sights.

monfed

Major Winner
Reactions
faker is not going to win RG. He can't beat dull on that extremely hot zero gravity court. Nadull's moonballs are too vicious for anyone there.

faker could also lose to another player like Thiem before he reaches the final so dull could vulture yet another RG without facing his main rival.

Last edited:

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
faker is not going to win RG. He can't beat dull on that extremely hot zero gravity court. Nadull's moonballs are too vicious for anyone there.

faker could also lose to another player like Thiem before he reaches the final so dull could vulture yet another RG without facing his main rival.

What about fraud? will he vulture another slam thanks to his servebotting?

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Yeah he's the one with the momentum now.
And being the youngest he will have more chances as well going forward.

Reactions: Fiero425

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
Yeah he's the one with the momentum now.
And being the youngest he will have more chances as well going forward.

I've been not so quietly hinting at a 2nd Nole-Slam saying "who else is favored to win 'down under' but Djokovic?!" No one owns it like him even though Fed snuck the last 2 while Nole still not Nole! Back in 2015 I was hoping for another 2011 with added sweetener of a YEC! We not only got that, but another Masters setting records that may never be broken; 6 Masters, 8 finals, 3 majors, & a YEC! Not sure we'd jinx it just hoping to continue this magnificent run! Fed and Rafa have had theirs; Nole's turn to do something fantastic!:whistle: :yesyes: :rolleyes: :clap:

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic will be running the show now that he is in the groove. He may suffer occasional strange losses, but right now he looks amazing with his serve and return.

Reactions: Fiero425

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Right now it looks like that. But one thing I've (re)learned over the last couple years is that we tend to "solidify" the present state of things and project that into the future, when things are always changing. Expect the unexpected.

Yes, right now Novak looks unbeatable - at least against the current field, with a hobbled Rafa, an aging Federer, a dubious Stan, and a not-yet Next Gen. But how will things look in a few months? And RG is over eight months away. Even the AO is three and a half months away.

But yeah, Novak is back on top as the player to beat. It makes sense that if 2017 to mid-2018 was the resurgence and Indian Summer of Fedal, maybe second half of 2018 and alll or most of 2019 will be the Indian Summer of Novak. So Novak fans should enjoy it while it lasts, because it won't last forever - and maybe not as long as it looks right now.

Reactions: herios

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
I've been not so quietly hinting at a 2nd Nole-Slam saying "who else is favored to win 'down under' but Djokovic?!" No one owns it like him even though Fed snuck the last 2 while Nole still not Nole! Back in 2015 I was hoping for another 2011 with added sweetener of a YEC! We not only got that, but another Masters setting records that may never be broken; 6 Masters, 8 finals, 3 majors, & a YEC! Not sure we'd jinx it just hoping to continue this magnificent run! Fed and Rafa have had theirs; Nole's turn to do something fantastic!:whistle: :yesyes: :rolleyes: :clap:

Wouldn't quite predict him for another Nole Slam but yeah he will start as the favorite or co-favorite at all slams next year
Re: Masters
He would be better off skipping a few.No need to play all.Focusing on Majors will be or rather should be his move going forward.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What about fraud? will he vulture another slam thanks to his servebotting?
As you can see the Federer's fans are still thinking that Novak could be their savior avoiding that Rafa could win 3 GS more reaching their idol's numbers.......:po_O

atttomole

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
My reasons for saying what I said about Djokovic have nothing to do with my fear of Nadal catching Federer. Nadal can still catch Federer by winning at least 3 more RG's (or other slams), and he can achieve that, assuming Roger doesn't win more.. The thing with Djokovic is that when you look at his game, you notice that he has formidable weapons. He can play tennis, and he is a better tennis player than Nadal. I don't say this because I like Djokovic more, but these are simple facts. In my opinion, Roger's slam record is not under threat from Nadal alone, but also from Djokovic.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
My reasons for saying what I said about Djokovic have nothing to do with my fear of Nadal catching Federer. Nadal can still catch Federer by winning at least 3 more RG's (or other slams), and he can achieve that, assuming Roger doesn't win more.. The thing with Djokovic is that when you look at his game, you notice that he has formidable weapons. He can play tennis, and he is a better tennis player than Nadal. I don't say this because I like Djokovic more, but these are simple facts. In my opinion, Roger's slam record is not under threat from Nadal alone, but also from Djokovic.
If you think that way I respect your opinion but I disagree. The Wimbledon semis was a good match but it was a shame that Rafa played so bad that last game, he made many silly mistakes and then he paid it very badly, otherwise he could have won perfectly well. In Cincy Novak had a very easy draw and in the final he played against the worst "goat". And of course in the USO he had the easier draw by far and he played the final against a very slow Delpo and very different player that he was before his injuries. My point is that I don't think Novak has better weapons than Nadal, maybe the service and that's all, his game is completely robotized, even watching his matches you can tell where his shots are going to. Maybe, maybe Novak will get the Federer's numbers but if he will it would be after Roger will be retired or if he would be still playing all of you would say: "come on, he gets it because Roger is too old". I know you guys, same old same old

DarthFed

The GOAT
Reactions
If you think that way I respect your opinion but I disagree. The Wimbledon semis was a good match but it was a shame that Rafa played so bad that last game, he made many silly mistakes and then he paid it very badly, otherwise he could have won perfectly well. In Cincy Novak had a very easy draw and in the final he played against the worst "goat". And of course in the USO he had the easier draw by far and he played the final against a very slow Delpo and very different player that he was before his injuries. My point is that I don't think Novak has better weapons than Nadal, maybe the service and that's all, his game is completely robotized, even watching his matches you can tell where his shots are going to. Maybe, maybe Novak will get the Federer's numbers but if he will it would be after Roger will be retired or if he would be still playing all of you would say: "come on, he gets it because Roger is too old". I know you guys, same old same old

The Wimbledon semis where Nadal couldn't beat a 70% Djoker? What about his Cincy draw was easy? Lol, you may want to revisit it. And in the USO he didn't drop a set after the 2nd round, it was clear as day that he would've destroyed Nadal if that was the final. At his best he puts Nadal in his back pocket.

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Less mileage than your deity and fitter atm due to his more efficient game and not trying to vulture all his ATP points in a 8 week period.
At his best he's better in 3 slams out of 4.
Will have better draws too since he'll be #1 soon.
Less mileage? try to check well his milage since 2011 until 2016 and maybe you will be very surprised

Last edited:

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
The Wimbledon semis where Nadal couldn't beat a 70% Djoker? What about his Cincy draw was easy? Lol, you may want to revisit it. And in the USO he didn't drop a set after the 2nd round, it was clear as day that he would've destroyed Nadal if that was the final. At his best he puts Nadal in his back pocket.
Novak at 70%? he would've destroyed Nadal like he did to Roger in Cincy? LOL you are worse than his really fans. He never is going to play like in 2011, impossible unless... never mind. Meanwhile Nadal after to win almost everything on clay he didn't play any tournament before Wimbledon which I didn't blame him, it would be too much and even that he played pretty well all the tournament until that last game while Novak was playing his normal game (and not like 2011)
I know your wishes but I don't see how it will become a reality unless Nadal can't play

Last edited:

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Less mileage? try to check well his milage since 2011 until 2016 and maybe you will be very surprised

Pretty equal numbers in 4 years
Number of matches in 2011-
Djokovic-76
Nadal-84
Number of matches in 2013-
Djokovic-83
Nadal-82
Number of matches in 2014-
Nadal-69
Your deity-59
Number of matches in 2015-
Djokovic-88
Nadal-81

Also,
Number of matches in 2018-
Djokovic-50
Nadal-49

When your hero bailed citing "injuries"
Number of matches in 2012-
Djokovic-87
Nadal-48
Number of matches in 2016-
Djokovic-74
Nadal-53

When your hero cashed in on Djokovics injury
Number of matches in 2017-
Djokovic-40
Your deity-78

Djokovic has played just 33 matches more ;),mostly due to Nadal tapping out in 2012,2016 early
This is on top of the 2005-2010 when Nadal played gazillion more hours of tennis.
Plus one of major factors is him not retiring from 2 majors recently. A pretty indicator of who's fit and raring to go. Good day !

Last edited:
Reactions: GSMSampras

Carol

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Pretty equal numbers in 4 years
Number of matches in 2011-
Djokovic-76
Nadal-84
Number of matches in 2013-
Djokovic-83
Nadal-82
Number of matches in 2014-
Nadal-69
Your deity-59
Number of matches in 2015-
Djokovic-88
Nadal-81

Also,
Number of matches in 2018-
Djokovic-50
Nadal-49

When your hero bailed citing "injuries"
Number of matches in 2012-
Djokovi
Nadal-48
Number of matches in 2016-
Djokovic-74
Nadal-53

When your hero cashed in on Djokovics injury
Number of matches in 2017-
Djokovic-40
Your deity-78

Djokovic has played just 33 matches more ;),mostly due to Nadal tapping out in 2012,2016 early
This is on top of the 2005-2010 when Nadal played gazillion more hours of tennis.
Plus one of major factors is him not retiring from 2 majors recently. A pretty indicator of who's fit and raring to go. Good day !

Sooo, what's your point? have you counted the hours of tennis of Novak? have a good day too!

The_Grand_Slam

Masters Champion
Reactions
Sooo, what's your point?

Point_over_your_head.jpg