Khachanov to de Schepper

isabelle

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Gasquet / Paire then Tsonga / Zverev

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
Nice win by Sascha. I think he should be able to take out Gasquet, although it is his home turf. Still, this will be the type of match Alex should no longer lose.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
I saw about a set and half of the Zverev x Tsonga match. I was a bit disappointed. Loads of errors, I haven´t checked the stats but I do not need to, I would guess that both players combined for significantly more UFE´s than winners. In the part I saw, surely more than twice. But a good win by Zverev nonetheless.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
El Dude said:
Nice win by Sascha. I think he should be able to take out Gasquet, although it is his home turf. Still, this will be the type of match Alex should no longer lose.

We will see. I am really curious. The last time they met, last month at the Holman cup, Gasquet won easily in 2 ssets.

El Dude

The GOAT
Reactions
mrzz said:
I saw about a set and half of the Zverev x Tsonga match. I was a bit disappointed. Loads of errors, I haven´t checked the stats but I do not need to, I would guess that both players combined for significantly more UFE´s than winners. In the part I saw, surely more than twice. But a good win by Zverev nonetheless.

He's not quite "there" yet, mrzz. I think the next half year or so is going to be about streamlining and polishing his game, so that by the American stretch he's going to be ready for another step forward, and possibly into the top 10. But right now he seems to be challenging the second tier, but not quite surpassing them.

I don't think he'll be a serious Slam challenger until 2018. That said, I think he's going to be a serious contender for one of the late season Masters - Canada, Cincinnati, Shanghai, Paris.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Congrats to Sasha on his title beating Gasquet. To boot it, Sasha also won the doubles with his brother Mischa. They are all keeping the good form since the beginning of the year, instead of letting it slide. :clap