ITF has decided to introduce new rules

Obsi

Masters Champion
Reactions
DG4z1TZXkAAt4Tu

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
@Obsi, people will get confused by the fact that this is ITF rulling, not ATP. Better explain that this applies only to futures (I am not even sure of that, have heard it would be a trial).

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
ITF run the slams though, so is that applicable to those?

Not yet. They are experimenting with this in smaller events and depending on how well they think it works, they may introduce it in slams too.

In this year's USO, all the above mentioned rule changes will be implemented in the qualifying matches, but not in MD matches.

Reactions: britbox and mrzz

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Not yet. They are experimenting with this in smaller events and depending on how well they think it works, they may introduce it in slams too.

In this year's USO, all the above mentioned rule changes will be implemented in the qualifying matches, but not in MD matches.
Are you sure about that GSM? I heard that they were allowing the in-match coaching at the USO during main draw.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Are you sure about that GSM? I heard that they were allowing the in-match coaching at the USO during main draw.

I read it in "Telegraph" paper. I believe it is correct. I posted info about these things in the "Early US open ruminatios" thread much before this thread was created. Link to the article can be found there.

Last edited: