Isner: No talk in locker room about doping cases

• Thread starter Grossefavourite
  • Start date
G

Grossefavourite

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/08/isner-no-talk-locker-room-about-doping-cases/48611/#.Ufu149Lrx50

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
RE: So MARDY, What Substances You'd Like To Take But Can't?

Can you provide commentary instead of just leading headlines that don't match up to article. All of these guys take supplements of some sort, so it's not surprising that a player needs to keep abreast of what is banned.

G

Grossefavourite

Riotbeard said:
Can you provide commentary instead of just leading headlines that don't match up to article. All of these guys take supplements of some sort, so it's not surprising that a player needs to keep abreast of what is banned.

Explain.

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

Supplements/vitamins span a wide variety of substances that can approach but not necessarily cross the line of doping. This can be as innocuous as hemp protein or as radical as supplements that enhance your bodies ability to make more testosterone. There are also supplements that can aid in recovery. B12 shots can give you a burst of energy (this is the active ingredient in 5 hour energy). Not all supplements should be considered doping. The lines are grey. The penalties for doping are huge, so it goes without saying that every player has to be well aware of what is a banned substance.

G

Grossefavourite

With his heart troubles, Mardy wants to take stuff? Strange.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

Grossefavourite said:
http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/08/isner-no-talk-locker-room-about-doping-cases/48611/#.Ufu149Lrx50

I appreciate that you're trying to keep the community well-informed by posting threads like this, but please bear in mind that we're not the National Enquirer. Tennis Frontier isn't a platform for tabloid journalism or sensationalistic headlines.

When I post a link to articles, I use the headline the author supplied. In this case:

"Isner: No talk in locker room about doping cases"

That represents an accurate description of the content; "So MARDY, What Substances You'd Like To Take But Can't?" does not.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions

Why is this thread here instead of being in the ATP forum?

I really enjoy this site. The people who started it deserve our gratitude for their time and effort. While I welcome new members, I hope ones that dilute the quality of the discussions are reminded to stay on-topic, not intentionally mislead the readers with sensational headlines, etc.

G

Grossefavourite

The article isn't just about Isner.

tented

Administrator
Reactions

Grossefavourite said:
The article isn't just about Isner.

Nor is it just about Mardy. What's your point?

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions

Are we having a new Troll on boards

Front242

The GOAT
Reactions

The fact that Mardy's playing at all following heart problems and depression is his best working supplement in life. He loves tennis and missed it greatly. Chicken and rice is all he needs like me.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Grossefavourite said:

It is because they just don't talk the talk; they walk the walk.:)