Is this Fed's signature

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
So does anyone know if this is how Federer signs after match. A friend's friend is a coach to an Austrian Player and my friend had asked him to get me a Roger's autographed item, he got this for me as a Christmas Gift . I really want to know before I put it in a display case

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Hard to tell - it's not very clear. I've got an autographed US Open preview magazine from him at home in Oz but I won't be back there until the 15th Jan - will dig it out and check then for you.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Do a Google image search for "Federer autograph" and look at the pics. Based on what I saw, I'm afraid to report that your ball does not look like the real thing.

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
tented said:
Do a Google image search for "Federer autograph" and look at the pics. Based on what I saw, I'm afraid to report that your ball does not look like the real thing.

I did it already Tented, and I did not like what I saw, that's why I decided to ask here, maybe its a different version, as this friend of mine has no reason to lie to me

brokenshoelace

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Keep in mind that players don't always do autographs with their actual signatures. I have one from Novak Djokovic that looks as though a 2 year old held a pen and moved it around randomly. And I know that's it's actually Novak's since I was holding it for him. So this could indeed be Federer's. My advice: Just assume it is. We all believed in Santa at some point so this wouldn't be the biggest Christmas disappointment if it turns out to be untrue :)

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
We all believed in Santa at some point so this wouldn't be the biggest Christmas disappointment if it turns out to be untrue :)

WHAT?!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Broken_Shoelace said:
Keep in mind that players don't always do autographs with their actual signatures. I have one from Novak Djokovic that looks as though a 2 year old held a pen and moved it around randomly. And I know that's it's actually Novak's since I was holding it for him. So this could indeed be Federer's. My advice: Just assume it is.

It's got to be hard to sign on a tennis ball, and we've seen them all scribble after matches. If you believe your friend, then believe the signature is valid. If you're not trying to sell it, what's the difference? Your friend told you he got the signature. I'd go with that. Be happy.

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
No I am not going to sell it.. i
I just want show it off rights :D