Could Djokovic and Nadal possibly be placed on the same side of the draw?

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
I don't know what the official procedure is in determining this and I never really cared to find out, but I can't see the tournament organizers allowing them to be on the same side of the draw for a semifinal match-up. Everyone knows that they are the true 1 and 2 seeds of the tournament based on the 2013 clay results and overall results.

So does anyone know how this will be determined?

My point here is that I believe whatever the official protocol may be, the powers-that-be will not allow Djokovic and Nadal to be on the same side of the draw.

Everyone - most of all the tournament organizers - knows that the world wants to see Djokovic v. Nadal in the final on Sunday, June 9th.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
calitennis127 said:
I don't know what the official procedure is in determining this and I never really cared to find out, but I can't see the tournament organizers allowing them to be on the same side of the draw for a semifinal match-up. Everyone knows that they are the true 1 and 2 seeds of the tournament based on the 2013 clay results and overall results.

So does anyone know how this will be determined?

Yes, we do (and you should know it by now). Only 50% chance that Nadal could meet Djokovic in the final, if they beat everyone else along the way, if they will be on the other side of the draw. In this case, Djokovic will have Federer and Murray will get Nadal.
The other 50% chance could lead to a SF between them, as they could end up on the same side of the draw.

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Yeah, it's 50/50 unless we go down the conspiracy theory route. It would be a pity if they were in the same side of the draw as it's the match everyone wants to see. I'm also keeping an eye out for Del Potro, assuming he's close to being fit. He could be very dangerous in Paris.

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Djokovic goes in at #1, Nadal goes in at #4. Only 1 and 2 are placed. The 3 and 4 are drawn. As it stands, 1 and 2 are Djokovic and Murray. Federer and Nadal are 3/4. If Murray drops out, Federer will be placed 2nd, and Nadal and Ferrer will be drawn for the opposite ends. There is no guaranteeing that Nadal and Djokovic won't meet at the semis, though, now, they can't meet before.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
huntingyou said:
somebody feels lonely

You are damn right, Cali knows this!! LOL.. Its amazing how he can put BAIT out there on the megs boards and people bite. When I open my Security Consultant agency later next year.. I am going to try to hire Cali to run my sales\ marketing team. I could utilize a guy with his talent

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
You mean everyone's not dying to see a Fedal final for another round in their tight clay-court rivalry?

huntingyou

Masters Champion
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
huntingyou said:
somebody feels lonely

You are damn right, Cali knows this!! LOL.. Its amazing how he can put BAIT out there on the megs boards and people bite. When I open my Security Consultant agency later next yer.. I am going to try to hire Cali to run my sales\ marketing team. I could utilize a guy with his talent

You are killing me bro :D:D:D:D

calitennis127

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
the AntiPusher said:
You are damn right, Cali knows this!! LOL.. Its amazing how he can put BAIT out there on the megs boards and people bite. When I open my Security Consultant agency later next yer.. I am going to try to hire Cali to run my sales\ marketing team. I could utilize a guy with his talent

I seriously never cared up until this year about the seeding. It always seemed trivial to me.

I simply asked a question of people who are generally more in tune with these specifics than I am. If that isn't an appropriate question on a tennis board, then I don't know what is.

El Dude said:
You mean everyone's not dying to see a Fedal final for another round in their tight clay-court rivalry?

Yes, I am saying that.

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
huntingyou said:
the AntiPusher said:
huntingyou said:
somebody feels lonely

You are damn right, Cali knows this!! LOL.. Its amazing how he can put BAIT out there on the megs boards and people bite. When I open my Security Consultant agency later next year.. I am going to try to hire Cali to run my sales\ marketing team. I could utilize a guy with his talent

You are killing me bro :D:D:D:D
:D