classic tennis - 2007 Wimbledon Final - Federer vs Nadal

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
The 2007 final is on dailymotion and with Jimmy Connors as a commentator -

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This final always slips under the radar and it was a good match... probably because it's overshadowed by the 2008 final.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
This final always slips under the radar and it was a good match... probably because it's overshadowed by the 2008 final.
?

hey britbox, are you sure you don't mean their 2006 final won by Fed in four?

Federberg

The GOAT
Reactions
It was indeed. I was there live in 2007. First time I'd seen Rafa live, and he blew me away. Rafa was on the attack the whole time, and it was only once the match was over and I was walking home that I realised that Roger had been in front all the way through. It didn't feel like it at all when I was watching it. He was under the kosh from the get go, but his supreme serving always gave him the free games he needed to stay ahead. My buddy who watched it with me, who isn't really a tennis fan, called Roger an ice cold assassin for the way he jumped in and took control in the final set. Who knew that was one of the last times we would see that guy until AO17. Let's hope he's back for good!

Reactions: shawnbm and britbox

Shivashish Sarkar

Major Winner
Reactions
I watched this on tv live as a 10 year old kid. I was watching alongside a Nadal fan and I was kind of scared after the second set. But Roger that day came back brilliantly in the 5th set.