ATP ranking ordered by country

A

atpCountry

Hey guys,

I made a small website showing the ATP ranking ordered by Country : atpcountry.com
You can see the data since 1990 on a graph or the live ranking on a table.
There is some pretty cool graph you can get like this one:
B_6zPhuVEAArdfc.jpg:large

Tell me what you think and share it if you like it!

Cheers

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Interesting. I just took a glance at your site. I'll have to go play when I have a bit more time. I'm a sucker for tennis graphs. Good luck with your site and welcome to TTF!

A

atpCountry

mrzz said:
What happened in 2009?

Points system was changed. Grand Slam winner received 1000 points before, now 2000. ATP 1000 gives 1000, it was 500 before. Other tournaments points changed too.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ATP_Rankings

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
So, two suggestions:

First, what the site shows is not the ATP rankings, but the ATP rankings points. I know it sounds stupid, but it makes you look (and interpret) at the graph differently.

Second, you could really treat that jump on 2009. It is not that difficult. You can leave it as an option, at least, like "apply points transition filter". All you need is to transform one half of the data by the ratio of points in both systems in the transition date.

A

atpCountry

mrzz said:
So, two suggestions:

First, what the site shows is not the ATP rankings, but the ATP rankings points. I know it sounds stupid, but it makes you look (and interpret) at the graph differently.

Second, you could really treat that jump on 2009. It is not that difficult. You can leave it as an option, at least, like "apply points transition filter". All you need is to transform one half of the data by the ratio of points in both systems in the transition date.

Thank you for the advices.

1) You can sort by number of player too but you are right I should write above the graph what it actually shows.

2) I'll look into it yes. Hopefully it won't look too weird.