[Arienna Lee] The Eighth Wonder of the Learned Alchemists

tented

Administrator
Reactions
Arienna Lee writes about the Monte Carlo Masters, which an emphasis on the final, in her latest blog post:

http://www.tennisfrontier.com/blogs/arienna-lee/theeighthwonder/

Thanks, Arienna!

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Wonderful piece, Arienna! Interesting thoughts on Nadal, Federer and Wawrinka. And thanks for weaving García Márquez into it all.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Arienna is my favourite of the bloggers, I must admit, and I find them all to be of high quality, but her blog has humour, texture and a great sense of the tennis.

Gabriel Marquez: in common with the rest of the world, I read 100 Years. I swear, I thought I'd picked up a mushy romance novel. I truly hated that book! Can anyone recommend anything else by him that's a little less sentimental? Seriously, I tried it once when younger, and then two years ago in holidays. Hokey, new agey, silly in the extreme. Was there ever a great writer who wrote more perfectly for the age he lived in?

I know, the problem is me, not the book! My missus loved it...

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
If you tried García Márquez's magnum opus twice and didn't like it, I'm not sure that you'll ever like him. However, you might try No One Writes to the Colonel, which is the least magical-realist of all of them, and a slim volume.

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Now, short! I like! You're on a roll with book recommends lately, so I'll remember to check this one out... :)