3. Dusan Lajovic
4. Borna Coric
5. Cristian Garin
6. Laslo Djere
7. Albert Ramos-Vinolas
8. Casper Ruud

ba.jpg

The Tournament:

The ATP Buenos Aires originally known as the Argentine Championships and established in 1921 is an annual tennis event for male tennis players held in Buenos Aires, Argentina. The tournament is an ATP World Tour 250 series event on the ATP World Tour, and is played on outdoor clay courts at the 5,500 capacity Buenos Aires Lawn Tennis Club, in the Palermo barrio (neighbourhood). Usually held in February, it includes both a men's singles and a men's doubles tournament. Between 1970 and 1989 it was part of the Grand Prix tennis circuit and a Grand Prix Super Series event (1970–71).

About Buenos Aires:

Buenos Aires is the capital and largest city of Argentina. The city is located on the western shore of the estuary of the Río de la Plata, on the South American continent's southeastern coast. "Buenos Aires" can be translated as "fair winds" or "good airs", but the former was the meaning intended by the founders in the 16th century, by the use of the original name "Real de Nuestra Señora Santa María del Buen Ayre", named after the Madonna of Bonaria in Sardinia. The Greater Buenos Aires conurbation, which also includes several Buenos Aires Province districts, constitutes the fourth-most populous metropolitan area in the Americas, with a population of around 15.6 million.

The city of Buenos Aires is neither part of Buenos Aires Province nor the Province's capital; rather, it is an autonomous district. In 1880, after decades of political infighting, Buenos Aires was federalized and removed from Buenos Aires Province. The city limits were enlarged to include the towns of Belgrano and Flores; both are now neighborhoods of the city. The 1994 constitutional amendment granted the city autonomy, hence its formal name of Autonomous City of Buenos Aires (Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires; "CABA"). Its citizens first elected a chief of government (i.e. mayor) in 1996; previously, the mayor was directly appointed by the President of the Republic.

Montaje_de_la_Ciudad_de_Buenos_Aires.png

Tourism Guide:

TV Coverage:

Americas

Latin America - Productora/Torneos
Brazil - Bandsport
United States - Tennis Channel

Asia
China - Iqiyi
Hong Kong - PCCW
Japan - Wowow
Korea - Eclat
Malaysia - Astro
Myanmar - Skynet
Philippines - Elite Sports
Philippines - Elite Sports
Singapore - Starhub
Taiwan - Sino Catch
Thailand - Cineplex Limited
Vietnam - Canal +

Europe
Albania - Straightforward in Sports
Bulgaria - Mobitel
Cyprus - CYTA
Czech Republic - Tolano
Denmark - Modern Times
Finland - MTV
France - Eurosport
Georgia - Adjara
Germany - Perform
Greece - Hellenic
Hungary - Pragosport
Italy - Sportcast
Netherlands - Liberty Global/Ziggo
Poland - Telewizja Polsat
Portugal - Sport TV
Romania - Digisport
Serbia - IKO Sportclub
Spain - Telefonica
Spain - Enjoy
Turkey - Saran
United Kingdom & ROI - Amazon Prime Video

Middle East
Israel - Sport 5
MENA - beIN SPORTS
MENA - beIN SPORTS
MENA - ASBU

Worldwide
Worldwide - Tennis TV

Reactions: Moxie

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Ceccinato lost in the 1st round against Carballes, how could this guy reach the SF of the French :facepalm:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Monteiro beat Coric in straights.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Monteiro beat Coric in straights.
He is so bad at the moment. His only victory in last 234 attempts is against Thiem in Atp Cup. I watched that match and was thinking how he played well and how it looked like a promising start to a new season. Don't know why he went to South America. Most of those clay courters playing down there are way hungrier than him and the result is this.

Reactions: Bonaca

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Casper Ruud d. Dusan Lajovic 7-5, 6-1. Ruud has just turned 21 and has his best results on clay. (So does Lajovic, for the record.) For those looking for up-and-comers on clay, keep an eye on the young Norwegian. Also, Londero d. Pella in straights.

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Diego Schwarzman withdrew for some reason giving the little known qualifier Pedro Sousa a pass into the final.
That makes two Challenger players teaching a final this week end, the other being Jung in New York

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Diego Schwarzman withdrew for some reason giving the little known qualifier Pedro Sousa a pass into the final.
That makes two Challenger players teaching a final this week end, the other being Jung in New York

Apparently he had a small tear in his abductor,which I think in hindsight is a good idea.He could be out for 2 to 3 weeks.

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Schwartzman played almost 4 hour epic match with Cuevas. He barely got through that one, saved match points and was cramping.

• Sad
Reactions: AnonymousFan

JesuslookslikeBorg

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
is sousa in the final after getting in the main draw as a LL ?.

hope ruuuuuud wins tho, need a few more young guns winning stuff .

Reactions: Moxie

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Ruud is super solid, young and strong. But as one-dimensional as it gets. Sousa has waay more variety, but in the end is a far less effective player who got extremely lucky to be in the final. Ruud the probable winner but I will root heavily for Sousa.

Reactions: AnonymousFan

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Ruud is super solid, young and strong. But as one-dimensional as it gets. Sousa has waay more variety, but in the end is a far less effective player who got extremely lucky to be in the final. Ruud the probable winner but I will root heavily for Sousa.
I'm sorry I didn't get to see this final, as I wanted to see on display what is your charge...is Ruud that one-dimensional? Is Sousa's variety that effective? Sometimes people who don't care for the clay game see it as one-dimensional. I'll be interested if young Ruud makes any kind of a mark on the coming clay season.

mrzz

Hater
Reactions
Is Sousa's variety that effective?

You misunderstood my post. My point was that Ruud's game is more effective.

is Ruud that one-dimensional? [...] Sometimes people who don't care for the clay game see it as one-dimensional

You know that is not my case. I care about and actually love clay. But, at least from the three matches I have seen him play, he looked quite one-dimensional too me. We'll get the chance probably to check it out during this clay season since now he is inside the top 50 and will play most of the big tournaments.