Abierto Monterrey Afirme 2015

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Interesting players party went on in Monterrey...

0,,12781~13539213,00.jpg

Ana Ivanovic as Catwoman, Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova and Kristina Mladenovic as Wonder Woman (I think) and Jovana Jaksic as Black Widow channeling their superpowers.

Party Link

Tournament Central

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
With a 63 62 win over A.Rodionova,Nicole Vaidisova is back in a WTA main draw for the first time in almost 5 years.

10isfan

Major Winner
Reactions
Vaidisova vs Ivanovic. Wow. Congrats to her for qualifying.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Ivanovic d Vaidisova 61 76(4)

Nice to see Vera Zvonareva with a win over Alison Riske 64 60

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Caroline Garcia pulled off a upset win on Saturday night,holding off a late charge to take out the No 1 seed and defending champion,Ana Ivanovic in the s/final.Garcia d Ivanovic 61 64

Timea Bacsinszky defeated Sara Errani the No 2 seed in the other s/finals 60 46 76(3)

Timea defeated Caroline in their only previous meeting,the Swiss defeated the Frenchwoman in straight sets in the final of Acapulco last Saturday.

Order of Play

Cancha Central starting at 4pm Doubles Final

G.Dabrowski/A.Rosol Ska v A.Rodionova/Arina Rodionova

Not before 6PM Ladies Singles Final

Caroline Garcia v Timea Bacsinszky.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
I saw that Ana match on replay last night. That was a mauling. Garcia was in the zone and had the answer for every Ana shot.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
^ One thing I noticed was how Garcia really exposed Ana's bhand,she really attacked it and got the error.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
fashionista said:
^ One thing I noticed was how Garcia really exposed Ana's bhand,she really attacked it and got the error.

That backhand or lack of a good backhand has always gotten her in trouble. When she can't run around it, she tends to hit the ball in the net. With Garcia constantly attacking, hitting flat and deep, Ana simply had no answers. She really does not have a plan B if she fails to execute with her normal shot making. Another area she needs to improve is the serve. It has gotten better, but lets her down when she is doing poorly.

colleen66

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
kskate2 said:
I saw that Ana match on replay last night. That was a mauling. Garcia was in the zone and had the answer for every Ana shot.

Is Garcia playing Indian Wells? If she is, it will be interesting to see if she can continue playing this way against a loaded field.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
colleen66 said:
fashionista said:

That backhand or lack of a good backhand has always gotten her in trouble. When she can't run around it, she tends to hit the ball in the net. With Garcia constantly attacking, hitting flat and deep, Ana simply had no answers. She really does not have a plan B if she fails to execute with her normal shot making. Another area she needs to improve is the serve. It has gotten better, but lets her down when she is doing poorly.

I really thought in 2014 Ana's backhand had gotten better also her defense on her bhand wing
I also feel Ana gets down on herself in matches.Ana needs to correct her ball toss,I have always said that,if she dosent get that first serve in,she is apt to double fault

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
colleen66 said:
kskate2 said:

Is Garcia playing Indian Wells? If she is, it will be interesting to see if she can continue playing this way against a loaded field.

Caroline is on the entry list ranked at 36.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
In a rain delayed match both players on court after midnight

Timea Bacsinszky d Caroline Garcia 46 62 64

Congratulations Timea back to back WTA titles in almost 3 hours.!

Timea will rise to WTA ranking 26th after this win.

In the doubles final (again match was suspended to rain)

G.Dabrowski/A.Rosolska defeated Anastasia Rodionova/Arina Rodioava 63 26 10-3