A Tennis Frontier Thanksgiving

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
imageedit_6_8585578296_zpsse0wf3ug.png

While I realize not all of us are from the United States, it's Thanksgiving season in the US of A. It's a time where we try to gather together with family and friends, stuff our faces until we never want to eat again, and remember what we have to be thankful for. Just wanted to say I'm thankful to Tennis Frontier for giving me a place to come to discuss my favorite sport, to see familiar faces(names) and for teaching me more about the sport every day. I'm thankful for all the people who have helped keep the site running; not only the administrators and the moderators, but all the other regulars and posters who have contributed to the site. They spend countless hours and efforts in trying to make TF a home for us all, usually without any recognition. Tennis Frontier has been around for over 2 and a half years now and despite the bumps and bruises, it continues to grow as a place for tennis-crazy fans to get together and discuss-squabble-argue-cheer-learn about the best sport on earth. Even though I haven't sniffed a Thanksgiving turkey in 25 years, I find myself getting into the spirit of Thanksgiving and wanted to express my gratitude for this site. It's been a great season to follow and I'm looking forward to some more great discussions, arguments, and chats next year.

OK, that's my gushy thanksgiving moment. Everybody go back to what you were doing. :cool:

Didi

Pro Tour Champion
Reactions
Couldn't agree more, well said! Tennisfrontier (and its former forum back in the day on tennis.com) has always been a place I usually revert back to when I need something to cheer me up. I have barely contributed to this site over the past 18 months due to private reasons which I really really regret. I also miss the old days when momoshiro, Iona, johnsteinbeck, denisovich, Broken, Moxie, house, Britbox, Cali, imjimmy, Haelfix, pistol pete, samson/clay death and others were still around. Those names are just on top of my head, there were more valued members of course. Remember derek zoolander, doogansquest and mastoor? I had a blast reading their stuff. I hope all is well with them and their close ones and to see them return one day on a more regular basis. In appreciation for them and the current group of heroes who sacrifice their personal time to contribute in order to keep this place going - Thank you!

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
I'm thankful this season is over...

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:

:laydownlaughing

I'm sorry. I know your pain. I don't like Nadal in anyway shape or form but yeah, that was a rough season for Nadal fans. Maybe Tennis Frontier was a sort of rehab for you this year. ;)

Kieran

The GOAT
Reactions
Kirijax said:
Kieran said:

I'm sorry. I know your pain. I don't like Nadal in anyway shape or form but yeah, that was a rough season for Nadal fans. Maybe Tennis Frontier was a sort of rehab for you this year. ;)

Rehab comes next year... ;)

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kieran said:
Kirijax said:
Kieran said:

Rehab comes next year... ;)

:clap

Puppet Master

Masters Champion
Reactions
I love TF, to say the least. You guys usually do cheer me up, just not in the finals that much :D. Does anyone here browse the Men's tennis forum?
I really appreciate the humor there, they are absolutely hilarious. The nicknames, the joke threads, god, we need that here.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Puppet Master said:
I love TF, to say the least. You guys usually do cheer me up, just not in the finals that much :D. Does anyone here browse the Men's tennis forum?
I really appreciate the humor there, they are absolutely hilarious. The nicknames, the joke threads, god, we need that here.

The Corny Joke Thread

Relax and Have a Laugh

If you have a good idea for fun, feel free to start it up! ;)

Riotbeard

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Happy Thanksgiving TF! It's been a pleasure for years now. I got in during the last days of tennis.com and never looked back.

Kirijax

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
What are everyone's Thanksgiving plans? It's a normal day over here in Japan of course so it's work as always. After work tonight, my family and I will go to a restaurant called "Tomato Ramen". It's a ramen restaurant but the noddles are in a tomato soup and you can put cheese, chicken, vegetables or wahtever topping you want in it. It's fantastic and one of our favorites places. I haven't sniffed a turkey in over 10 years but the tomato ramen will do nicely. I hope you guys have a great Thanksgiving and safe travels if you're traveling! Fax me a turkey leg! ;)

11133645_10205371951871776_8961577887087995352_o_zpsl8snbdah.jpg

ftan

Masters Champion
Reactions
I am a vegan :) but Happy Thanksgiving to all. I love this holiday

herios

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from the US!!

We had it a month ago in Canada

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
herios said:
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you from the US!!

We had it a month ago in Canada

Do you people eat Turkey too or do you eat Syria for thanksgiving?