A new ranking on the greatest ever (GOAT)

wallerstein28

Reactions
This one is from Rankeo.
You guessed the top three candidates. The order is:
1. Federer
2. Djokovic
3. Nadal
Margins are very tight. Sampras, Borg and Laver, are substantially behind.
What do you think

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I see it the same way.
But nothing finally decided B-).

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
This one is from Rankeo.
You guessed the top three candidates. The order is:
1. Federer
2. Djokovic
3. Nadal
Margins are very tight. Sampras, Borg and Laver, are substantially behind.
What do you think

Welcome to the board wallerstein28. It looks like this is based on voting by people and so it is more of a popularity contest than an objective (if there could be one in the first place) ranking. Also, these electronic voting are highly unreliable as often the same person votes multiple times due to vested interests as these systems are not secure.

wallerstein28

Reactions
Welcome to the board wallerstein28. It looks like this is based on voting by people and so it is more of a popularity contest than an objective (if there could be one in the first place) ranking. Also, these electronic voting are highly unreliable as often the same person votes multiple times due to vested interests as these systems are not secure.
Well, I pride myself on being a tennis buff and I can' find much fault with this ranking. All GOAT debates are inherently biased, which doesn't make less fun (on the contrary!).

El Dude

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Roy Emerson being on that list pretty much invalidates it. Emerson was an amateur player who peaked in the 60s when most of the best players were playing on the pro tour; if you include him, then you have to include Rosewall, Gonzales, Kramer, even Tilden, Wilding, etc. There were literally dozens of guys who were better than Emerson.

Laver is impossible to rank because his career saddled the Open Era. Same with Rosewall.

I also don't like Agassi over McEnroe. McEnroe was a far more dominant player in his prime, and his overall career numbers are better.