2024 Wimbledon Final: Paolini vs. Krejcikova

Who wins the 2024 Wimbledon final?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhiEaglesfan712

Major Winner
Reactions
Someone will win their first Wimby title. Will it be the tenacious Italian or the rebound Czech who already owns a slam title?

They've never played before.
1720754447780.png

vs.
1720753994229.png

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I am total shock to even think of this final, I didnt wake up in time after having a nap after Jazz SF match, just score the score and will watch Elena v Barbora match when or if I come out of my coma
Barbora has a habit of this to make a GS final, she has played crap all year and rises to the occasion, like she did when she made the RG final, Barbora has the game for grass, so Jazz Beware, after she won RG I said her game suits the grass.
Jazz will have to be on her toes when she plays Barbora in the final. I need an strong expresso to get my head together

Reactions: AnonymousFan

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
This may be Jaz's best chance to win a slam. She doesn't have to play any of the top 10 or the big hitters. Expect them all to be healthy for the USO. If she can serve a high % of 1st serves and take the net away from Babs, Jaz in 3 to win her maiden slam. Babs already has one, she can come from nowhere next year and win that slam.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
The H2H between Paolini and Krejcikova is Krejcikova 1-0 that match was at the AO Jan 18,
he 50th year of the WTA rankings system, no player ranked outside the Top 5 has ever reached the finals of Roland Garros and Wimbledon in the same calendar year.Jasmine Paolini finds herself in this position going into the final at Wimbledon this year.
Jazz will have to serve well ( she didn't in her SF match) to return as many balls as possible, to control the point, grass is a surface that is tough to defend,
Jazz aggression levels, getting herself moving forward rather than side to side will be a key for her, she is a top doubles player, her hands skills are solid and is fast around the court.

Krejcikova has taken 3 months to find her confidence in her game, grass is a surface that dosen't allow you to think too much, it rewards instinct and Krejickova's game is built to unwind Paolini's strengths. Grass rewards flatter style, Krejcikova has a wonderful back hand, again a top doubles player, hand skills and her play around the net are a testament to that fact.
While Paolini is faster and steadier
Krejcikova is the streakier, heavier hitting shot maker

Good luck to both ladies in the final and I am expecting a competitive match!.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Just a reminder the Ladies Doubles Final will take place on Saturday it is the 3rd scheduled match on CC

Siniakova/Townsend vs Debrowski/Roultiffe (2)

the AntiPusher

The GOAT
Reactions
This may be Jaz's best chance to win a slam. She doesn't have to play any of the top 10 or the big hitters. Expect them all to be healthy for the USO. If she can serve a high % of 1st serves and take the net away from Babs, Jaz in 3 to win her maiden slam. Babs already has one, she can come from nowhere next year and win that slam.
The TF Soothsayer has spoken.. Keli.. I think it would be good for the game of tennis is Lil Miss Babyface could win her first GS.. this is most definitely her best chance to win a GS title..

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
The H2H between Paolini and Krejcikova is Krejcikova 1-0 that match was at the AO Jan 18,
he 50th year of the WTA rankings system, no player ranked outside the Top 5 has ever reached the finals of Roland Garros and Wimbledon in the same calendar year.Jasmine Paolini finds herself in this position going into the final at Wimbledon this year.
Jazz will have to serve well ( she didn't in her SF match) to return as many balls as possible, to control the point, grass is a surface that is tough to defend,
Jazz aggression levels, getting herself moving forward rather than side to side will be a key for her, she is a top doubles player, her hands skills are solid and is fast around the court.

Krejcikova has taken 3 months to find her confidence in her game, grass is a surface that dosen't allow you to think too much, it rewards instinct and Krejickova's game is built to unwind Paolini's strengths. Grass rewards flatter style, Krejcikova has a wonderful back hand, again a top doubles player, hand skills and her play around the net are a testament to that fact.
While Paolini is faster and steadier
Krejcikova is the streakier, heavier hitting shot maker

Good luck to both ladies in the final and I am expecting a competitive match!.
I don't think that match counts because it was played in qualies. They don't have any tour matches played against each other.

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
I don't think that match counts because it was played in qualies. They don't have any tour matches played against each other.
Agree, I was just stating the match that is all, and it was a long time ago

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Princess Kate the Patron of the All England Club wont be in attendance for Ladies Singles but she will be in attendance for the mens singles match tomorrow

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jazz won the toss and will serve first, her serve will be important in this match

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
No Jazz you are playing the wrong tactics against Babs, dont play the corners of the court, Babs has good angles, play more up the middle court, and try to stay away from Babs fhand

MargaretMcAleer

The GOAT
Reactions
Jazz is playing the wrong tactic's against Babs, I dont know who gave her this game plan it is not working