2020 French Open Final: Novak Djokovic vs. Rafael Nadal

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

don_fabio

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Bookies have Nadal as a slight favourite. Understandable after so many wins. My guts tell me Novak will be a champion.

Reactions: Fiero425

Nadalfan2013

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Carreno Busta took 1 set from Nole :lol6:
Tsitsipas took 2 sets from Nole :lol6:
The Nadal will definitely take 3 sets from Nole :good::yes:

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Conditions on Sunday don't favor Rafa, and they do favor Novak. When he's even challenged a top Nadal it has been in cold, heavy conditions, and now they've added heavier balls. I don't think Rafa has looked unbeatable. I couldn't watch Novak d. Stefanos today, but it did go 5. If Novak is vulnerable, Nadal in 4 or 5. If Novak suddenly gets up for it, because it's Nadal and the final of a Major, as he does, he's got the weather and heavy ball advantage. I still think that Rafa has the RG advantage, and I'll say in 5.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
I couldn't watch Novak d. Stefanos today, but it did go 5. If Novak is vulnerable, Nadal in 4 or 5. If Novak suddenly gets up for it, because it's Nadal and the final of a Major, as he does, he's got the weather and heavy ball advantage. I still think that Rafa has the RG advantage, and I'll say in 5.

I watched almost the whole match live today. Even though the match went to five sets, it is absolutely nothing to do with alleged compromise to physical condition of Novak. Novak did not show any signs of physical discomfort in the entire match.

On the other hand, Tits was cramping in the fifth set and basically just managed to complete the game. He went away without any real fight in the fifth set due to his physical conditions.

So, while I am not ready to commit or comment as to who will win, I can say for sure that you should not count on Novak being compromised.

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Well , I have to distinguish between my hope and my realistic guess.

What I am hoping for is crystal clear.

But I also realistically think Novak will make it.
There were no signs of physical issues in the SF of both, that makes me confident.

Jesus it is so much at the stake.
Nadal looked damn good in AO 19 till the F, I don’t see him that strong in this tournament.
He played not much this year, every time he is seriously tested he lost.
In Paris he isn’t tested so far, he will be on Sunday.

We will talk much about the achievement of the winner after that F, not now.

I hope this F will be my favorite match of watching highlights for a long time.

Idemo!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
I watched almost the whole match live today. Even though the match went to five sets, it is absolutely nothing to do with alleged compromise to physical condition of Novak. Novak did not show any signs of physical discomfort in the entire match.

On the other hand, Tits was cramping in the fifth set and basically just managed to complete the game. He went away without any real fight in the fifth set due to his physical conditions.

So, while I am not ready to commit or comment as to who will win, I can say for sure that you should not count on Novak being compromised.

What are you hoping as a Fed fan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal in 4 sets but i really do not care. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ no matter who wins the final. When are the next generation EVER going to step up FFS ?

Last edited:

Bonaca

Major Winner
Reactions
Nadal in 4 sets but i really do not care. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ no matter who wins the final. When are the next generation EVER going to step up FFS ?
When Novak’s and Nadal‘s level drop constantly, it will happen sooner or later.

Then the second and third line can take over and win something. So Thiem does, only due to not having to play one of them in F.

But They should never forget, who the real masters were.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Whilst i'm not a fan of the two champions, it's plain to see that theyre exceptionally mentally tough, even surpassing Federer when he was at his peak, (for one thing, i don't recall either Djokovic or Nadal, squandering tennis matches when they held match points or serve for the matches) who will remain so for probably until they're 39-40 years age. The current crop of top players simply does not have that trait or consistency.

Vince Evert

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
Carreno Busta took 1 set from Nole :lol6:
Tsitsipas took 2 sets from Nole :lol6:
The Nadal will definitely take 3 sets from Nole :good::yes:

In that context, Yes ! Betcha there's going to be a fair amount of ball bouncing and stalling in between serves - by both players.

• Haha

Moxie

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions

When I wrote "vulnerable," I didn't necessarily mean because of injury. Whatever his issue was on Wed. sounds like it has passed. But he didn't have a great start then, and he dropped two sets to Tsitsipas, so I'd say he could be vulnerable.

Fiero425

The GOAT
Reactions
Website
fiero4251.blogspot.com
When Novak’s and Nadal‘s level drop constantly, it will happen sooner or later.

Then the second and third line can take over and win something. So Thiem does, only due to not having to play one of them in F.

But They should never forget, who the real masters were.

We keep hoping, but it hasn't happened yet! A miraculous resurgence seems to occur if any of the Big 3 weaken; even for a few months! :face-with-head-bandage:

Reactions: Bonaca

britbox

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
We keep hoping, but it hasn't happened yet! A miraculous resurgence seems to occur if any of the Big 3 weaken; even for a few months! :face-with-head-bandage:
I think it's plain to see that these three (Fed, Nadal and Novak) took the game to such a higher level, we need to quit worrying about the following generations. The Big 3 will be replaced by Father Time not talent.