2013 - GUANGZHOU - Zhang: 7-5, 6-3

Who wins?
2761.jpg

vs.
g_zhang_250116_22.jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
We need to discount Zhang's win in China (as there may be a home court factor and crowd support advantage). But, Konta won in a neutral venue.

At any rate, this is a great opportunity for both players (both are unseeded) to make SF. So, neither will go out easily. So, while I am not so sure of winner, I am sure that it will go to three sets.

Konta has more experience than Zhang. After all Zhang has not won a single GS match before this AO. Besides, the coaching and fitness regimen is below standard for Asian players (not player's fault, the economy's fault). So, I am leaning with Konta in 3.

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
We need to discount Zhang's win in China (as there may be a home court factor and crowd support advantage). But, Konta won in a neutral venue.

At any rate, this is a great opportunity for both players (both are unseeded) to make SF. So, neither will go out easily. So, while I am not so sure of winner, I am sure that it will go to three sets.

Konta has more experience than Zhang. After all Zhang has not won a single GS match before this AO. Besides, the coaching and fitness regimen is below standard for Asian players (not player's fault, the economy's fault). So, I am leaning with Konta in 3.

That seems logical, so I'll also go with Konta in 3.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Konta has a very good serve and she tends to approach the net frequently. She will force Zhang to pass her, but I think this is the end of the road for the upstart. Konta in 3

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
tented said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I like your title ( can you make my title, actual GOAT :cool: )

tented

Administrator
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
tented said:
GameSetAndMath said:

I like your title ( can you make my title, actual GOAT :cool: )

:laydownlaughing You'll get there, GSM! Just another 600(ish) posts.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I am picking Konta to reach the final...it sounds improbable but its possible.

golds girl

Major Winner
Reactions
tossip said:

This doesn't seem objective Tossip...might you have something against Vika?:snicker

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
golds girl said:
tossip said:

This doesn't seem objective Tossip...might you have something against Vika?:snicker
I have nothing against her..:snicker...I just knew when I saw the draw that she will not win AO16..It was just a hunch..:cry

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I picked Pannetta to reach the USA Open final during the early rounds...so I am picking Konta to reach the final...

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfUKiugZ19I[/video]

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4v62pJ5-Zg[/video]