2016 Australian Open QF: Azarenka vs. Kerber

Who reaches the semi's?

• Total voters

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
Vika leads the series 6-0

http://www.wtatennis.com/head2head/player1/11289/player2/10768

All meetings have been on fast surfaces with a few going deep into a 3rd set, but Angie could not pull a win. They just met 2 weeks ago in the Brisbane final.

Who ya takin' to reach the semi's?
http://www.straitstimes.com/sites/default/files/styles/x_large/public/articles/2016/01/21/37246566_-_21_01_2016_-

_australia_tennis_australian_open_grand_slam.jpg?itok=3xc36VTA
vs.
image.jpg

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Vika takes this one in straight sets. Kerbie is like a wall (Wozniacki mould). That won't cut it when it comes to winning the match.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
This is a match Kerber needs to take if she is serious about contending for titles. She really should give it her all to take this.

GameSetAndMath

The GOAT
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
This is a match Kerber needs to take if she is serious about contending for titles. She really should give it her all to take this.

When was the last time you cared for Kerber?
Looks like you are trying to get easy Opp for your girl in the finals. :cover

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I didn't say I cared for Kerber. All I am saying is if she wants to contend for these titles that she needs to start winning these matches.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Kerber in three..but will lose in semis to Konta

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
GameSetAndMath said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

I don't ever worry about her opponent because regardless of who she plays if Serena is to fall it is usually her own doing. It is very rare in Serena's career where I have had to give credit to her opponents actually out playing her. My comment was toward Kerber not because I think Vika stands a better shot because Vika hasn't proven otherwise concerning Serena at a slam. My point was if she wants to stand a shot at taking a slam she needs to take care of the Vika's and Maria's in slams, and hope not to run into Serena. Serena looks serious and looks like she wants to start the year off with a slam and set the tone for the rest of her year. I hope whatever happens that this is a hard well fought match.

tossip

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
Konta will be the finalist....

sk310

Masters Champion
Reactions
Sundaymorningguy said:
GameSetAndMath said:
Sundaymorningguy said:

I don't ever worry about her opponent because regardless of who she plays if Serena is to fall it is usually her own doing. It is very rare in Serena's career where I have had to give credit to her opponents actually out playing her. My comment was toward Kerber not because I think Vika stands a better shot because Vika hasn't proven otherwise concerning Serena at a slam. My point was if she wants to stand a shot at taking a slam she needs to take care of the Vika's and Maria's in slams, and hope not to run into Serena. Serena looks serious and looks like she wants to start the year off with a slam and set the tone for the rest of her year. I hope whatever happens that this is a hard well fought match.

Listen I think Serena is the GOAT especially in terms of talent. I love her. But that kind of statement is SO incredibly dismissive of all the great players she's played. I think Serena, if she were to ever hear that, would IMMEDIATELY refute it. It's ridiculous to think almost NO players who have ever beat her did so by outplaying her.

Sundaymorningguy

Grand Slam Champion
Reactions
I didn't say she hasn't been outclassed by players, but I would also say that she has probably had more moments where she fell apart. Of course later in her career, she has had fewer of those moments and when she was beaten her opponents really did bring it to her.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
can't do that when you have to come back and play the next day. She needs to turn the momentum in her favor by putting some doubt in Angie.

kskate2

Administrator
Reactions
5-3. Now you can see why you shouldn't tank a set. You never know what your opponent will do. Kerbie was in danger of giving the lead away.

pavlik89

Multiple Major Winner
Reactions
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pmz-hgox2M[/video]